Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playroom Ideas...Fairy Forest Theme
Heidi 07:21 AM 11-03-2011
I have an 8x11 room that I would like the set up for my older kids as a seperate playroom

It has dark green short shag carpeting, two 4x4 windows, and pine walls.

I would like to do a "fairy forrest" theme. You know, fairies, gnomes, woods.

The basic furniture is a couple large bookshelves, a wooden kitchen set, & a long table with 6 chairs. Not a lot of room to manuever, but I feel like they will do a lot on the table top. I am open to a tablecloth on the table to add to the design and to soften the blow when blocks fall on it. Or, I can leave it bare (it's maple).

Ideas anyone? I want to make this really cute, but I have a limited budget.
GretasLittleFriends 07:50 AM 11-03-2011
I'm not always very creative, and often get inspiration from using google images. I typed "forest playroom" then searched images... Very wonderful pics and ideas.
laundrymom 09:12 AM 11-03-2011
A mural? My daughter is pretty skilled at murals and has done therm for 2 providers in town. Maybe get in touch with a high school or middle school art teacher. ? Maybe one of their students could work cheap?
VTMom 09:20 AM 11-03-2011
My older kids (age 4 and up) are way into building fairy houses now. Maybe a station/corner with a box of sticks, twigs, fabric scraps, etc? Cheap and keeps them busy for a long time!

Around these parts, fairies are known to leave little notes of appreciation
DaycareMama 09:51 AM 11-03-2011
Maybe some in exspensive stools painted like the those red and white mushrooms around the table would be cute
Michael 11:49 AM 11-03-2011
Here is another thread from Meeko60 that has a forest theme and pictures are included: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34040
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
A mural? My daughter is pretty skilled at murals and has done therm for 2 providers in town. Maybe get in touch with a high school or middle school art teacher. ? Maybe one of their students could work cheap?
That is exactly how I got my mural done. I contacted the high school art department and asked if anyone was willing to do the job for $$$. The teacher sent a boy over but told him if he did it for free (I paid for all supplies) he could use the project as credit for class.

He drew it all out in pencil first and then came back after school daily to paint it. Took about 2.5 weeks total but was completley worth it. He did a fantastic job.
Meyou 12:33 PM 11-03-2011
You could make big flowers out of tulle with felt stems and leaves for the walls.
Tags:playroom ideas, theme, theme - forest
Reply Up