Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Time Off?
jen1124 10:24 AM 05-21-2013
Hello Providers!!!
I am pregnant and wondering from any of you who have recently had a baby or are expecting as well, how much time off did you take/or will you be taking when you had/have your baby? I've had parents ask and I'm not sure how much time I will need. I will have my mil here on the days that I will have my highest # of kids to help me out. Thanks in advance for the input!
momofboys 10:27 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by jen1124:
Hello Providers!!!
I am pregnant and wondering from any of you who have recently had a baby or are expecting as well, how much time off did you take/or will you be taking when you had/have your baby? I've had parents ask and I'm not sure how much time I will need. I will have my mil here on the days that I will have my highest # of kids to help me out. Thanks in advance for the input!
I have not been pregnant while doing childcare but years back when I used an in-home provider for my own kids she gave us plenty of notice & she did take 3 full weeks off. Then when we returned I think her mom was there helping for at least one week. I would let parents know a higher range just in case you have trouble "bouncing back".
Unregistered 11:28 AM 05-21-2013
I thought I would take 3 weeks off, but ended up taking 4 off. I was induced on a Monday night and didn't come home from the hospital until Thursday. So basically just having her took a work week. I'm thankful for those next 3 weeks that I had with her. I asked how long on this site and alot of people said more then 4-6 weeks off and people will more then likely find another daycare. My two families stayed with me.
canadiancare 11:32 AM 05-21-2013
I had son #2on a Friday and reopened on the Monday. My mother was here for the week and then my husband took 2weeks vacation. I'd had a C-section so I needed him for a bit of the day to day stuff.
For my daughter I only had teacher's children so I had her in August and reopened in September.
Reply Up