Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Day After.... Who is Working???
Crazy8 05:31 AM 12-26-2013
I have ONE kid today!! And sibling who I watch a few days a week is either home with dad or with grandma but dcb is still coming, knowing he's my only one today. Bet at 3 yo he'd rather stay with dad and play with his new toys.

I don't close that week between xmas and ny's but rarely have anyone come - everyone either usually just takes the days off or uses vac days, etc. I miss my teacher families!!

Who else has kids today???
Maria2013 05:41 AM 12-26-2013
I have one also, and I'm glad cause I missed him this passed two days
he is sleeping next to me
Heidi 05:47 AM 12-26-2013
I have 2...the earliest ones to arrive, so no slow-start today. Tomorrow, all 4. But then another weekend, and next week 1 day off in the middle, so it'll go fast.
Meeko 05:49 AM 12-26-2013
I normally have 16. Just 7 supposed to be here today.

However...I am ticked off!!!!! I got up at 5AM, and got ready for the child who is supposed to be here right at 6AM. Nobody else due until about 8AM.

It's now 6:45 and his dad just called and said "He won't be there today. He's been sick all over Christmas. Fever, chills, headache etc."

And you couldn't have called me last night and stopped me from getting up at the butt crack of dawn???!!!!!!!! I went to bed early last night while my family watched Christmas movies because I had to get up early.
DaycareMom 06:02 AM 12-26-2013
I have 2 DCKs (siblings) today.
I ended up sleeping thru my alarm and came to the door in pajamas. I apologized to DCM for not being ready and she responded by apologizing for bringing her kids today. lol. She had to work.
Since I have had this family for so long, the kids are like my own and I don't mind watching them today. It's giving my kids someone to play with while I clean.
Sunchimes 06:10 AM 12-26-2013
I am suppose to have one baby, but he's half an hour late with no call. That is highly, highly unusual so I'm a bit concerned. I'm just about to text her.
MarinaVanessa 06:14 AM 12-26-2013
I have three regulars coming today and two drop ins so normal day for me. I had an unexpected day off on Monday though so I was able to bake and clean before the holiday so I'm not going to complain. The DCKs will keep my own busy.
Heidi 06:17 AM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

However...I am ticked off!!!!! I got up at 5AM, and got ready for the child who is supposed to be here right at 6AM. Nobody else due until about 8AM.

It's now 6:45 and his dad just called and said "He won't be there today. He's been sick all over Christmas. Fever, chills, headache etc."

And you couldn't have called me last night and stopped me from getting up at the butt crack of dawn???!!!!!!!! I went to bed early last night while my family watched Christmas movies because I had to get up early.
How rude!
Patches 06:27 AM 12-26-2013
I'm supposed to have 5. I have 3 so far and waiting on the other 2. Should be the same tomorrow
itlw8 06:36 AM 12-26-2013
I have 2 both single parents that have to work. But they did arrange for someone else Christmas Eve to give me an extra day off. One took her child to work. Two dgks will come later though anyway. Back to normal now.
kitykids3 07:04 AM 12-26-2013
I've got 3 here and waiting for 2 more. Feels like a Monday. uck. Had some rum chata last night and I rarely drink. 5:30, I can't wait til you get here. hehe
Leigh 07:10 AM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
I have 2 DCKs (siblings) today.
I ended up sleeping thru my alarm and came to the door in pajamas. I apologized to DCM for not being ready and she responded by apologizing for bringing her kids today. lol. She had to work.
Since I have had this family for so long, the kids are like my own and I don't mind watching them today. It's giving my kids someone to play with while I clean.
Same here...I was up until 2:30 AM cleaning up from hosting family for Christmas (we can REALLY trash a house!). Slept through my alarm and woke up to the doorbell!
Cradle2crayons 07:14 AM 12-26-2013
I'll have two today of the 5. Special dcg and her little brother. Mom has to work a double today!
Crazy8 07:17 AM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I am suppose to have one baby, but he's half an hour late with no call. That is highly, highly unusual so I'm a bit concerned. I'm just about to text her.
Hope your little one just slept in after an exciting day yesterday!!!
Laurel 07:34 AM 12-26-2013
I am working. I only have one today and normally have two. Should have 3 tomorrow.

All the companies around here have their employees work.

I took my vacation the first week of December to piggy back it on Thanksgiving days off so had 11 days in a row, including weekends. That was great.

Laurel
JoseyJo 07:37 AM 12-26-2013
One kid here today also- same deal as Monday and will be only 1 tomorrow too! You would think the less kids the better but 1 preschooler is much more work than 2 or 3. I am getting paid for all the ones who aren't here though, and got permission to go out and about w/ the one I have this afternoon so looking forward to that
dingledine 08:01 AM 12-26-2013
I have one today, she is coming a bit later, but I didn't find out until this morning. It sounds like she is also leaving a bit earlier today.

I only have 4 more days (including today), until my daycare is officially closed.
Scout 08:01 AM 12-26-2013
I have 4 and my own 2...busy, busy today! And I have to work 5-9pm. Next year I may take this week off as one of my unpaid weeks. But, it does go fast so I may not!
coolconfidentme 08:12 AM 12-26-2013
I only have 2....
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:09 AM 12-26-2013
all 6 here today and tomorrow
thetoddlerwhisper 09:09 AM 12-26-2013
i have 5 and no infants here so were having a play day while i take down christmas stuff.
Meeko 09:13 AM 12-26-2013
Ended up with only 4. Hubby and daughters sent me upstairs with strict instructions to do no work whatsoever. Love those guys!
MyAngels 09:48 AM 12-26-2013
I have had just one all this week (Mon, Thurs, Fri) and of course it's my most demanding kid . This one alone is definitely more work by herself than my entire crew together.
Annalee 09:51 AM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I have ONE kid today!! And sibling who I watch a few days a week is either home with dad or with grandma but dcb is still coming, knowing he's my only one today. Bet at 3 yo he'd rather stay with dad and play with his new toys.

I don't close that week between xmas and ny's but rarely have anyone come - everyone either usually just takes the days off or uses vac days, etc. I miss my teacher families!!

Who else has kids today???
Not me, do not open back up until Jan. 2.
Sunchimes 10:17 AM 12-26-2013
Turns out that mom got sick last night and forgot to let me know she wouldn't be here. Hubby is sick but insisted on going to work today. He was headed out the door as I talked to dcm, so I grabbed my coat and boots and went with him. I was able to do almost all of the work so that he didn't have to do anything, and we finished in much less time. So now we are home, all snuggled in for the day.
sharlan 10:30 AM 12-26-2013
I was supposed to have 3.

DCG #1 was with Dad so I didn't expect her until noon, at least. Grandma showed up at 7:15 with her. It's 10:30 and she's still asleep.

DCG #2 was supposed to be here at 8:30, Mom texted, will be late, still not here.

DCG #3 was supposed to be here at 11:00. Mom just texted, not coming.

That's just fine with me as my house is a total mess.
boysx5 10:43 AM 12-26-2013
I have five normally have eight
providerandmomof4 10:44 AM 12-26-2013
I have (2) two year olds today. Like a happy dream.
MarinaVanessa 11:12 AM 12-26-2013
I ended up with just 2 instead of the 3 plus my own 3. We've still had an easy day so I've been able to take down the decorations. The tree will come down after nap and I'm done. Then I can do some record keeping and cataloging my daycare books. This is the life.
Memc2001 01:52 PM 12-26-2013
I have 2, I normally have 7-8. This happened on the 23rd, too and it will be the same tomorrow. Pretty sure I will NOT be open next year during the week of Christmas. Seems like a waste of time---(the parents of the 2 kids who are here are home relaxing so I know it won't interrupt their schedule)
melonieb 03:51 PM 12-26-2013
I had two out of six. If you count my kids then four. We ended having a field trip today so it was pretty easy til my starter went out in my suburban. Luckly I have Nana next door and I borrowed her son's truck to go. So we had 9 kids between the two of us. And my DCK just left, early day for me. Yeah
cheerfuldom 04:59 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

I am honestly considering putting an inconvenience fee in place. I have had so many families "forget" to notify me of non-attendance. Hours later I am texting them or they finally getting around to telling me when clearly I already figured things out. If he was having fever the day before, he shouldn't have been dropped off anyway the next morning! I hope you still charged for that day so thats something.
Josiegirl 05:01 PM 12-26-2013
I had 8 today, 10 tomorrow. Lots of SA's are coming in.
LaLa1923 05:17 PM 12-26-2013
This is the reason I confirmed my attendance for tomorrow with my families!!

I have one that comes at 4am cancel....thank goodness!!

Everyone else will be coming in staggered....

I will have 5 of my own, my nephew, and 6 dcks.....gonna be a busy busy day....lol

I was closed today BTW.....
Springdaze 05:42 PM 12-26-2013
I had one reg and one sa, my other didn't come. I just let them play and did my thing! I have 5 days til I close my daycare for good!
JoseyJo 05:52 PM 12-26-2013
Originally Posted by Springdaze:
I had one reg and one sa, my other didn't come. I just let them play and did my thing! I have 5 days til I close my daycare for good!
Whoo hoo! We have 3 working days until we close for good. Looking forward to having my house back, sad to loose some of my dck's and families, very nervous about this new chapter!
SSWonders 05:59 PM 12-26-2013
I had 1 today as well. Was supposed to have two, but when I texted dcm a half hour after dcg was supposed to be here, I got the "dcd was supposed to tell you when he picked up on Monday that dcg would be out the rest of the week." Really? Had I known that the dcps of the 1 that attended today would have made other arrangements. Sigh. Tomorrow I have 2! Let the party begin. <rolling my eyes>
Reply Up