Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Peculiar Thing
lovemykidstoo 11:53 AM 03-15-2016
I have a 5 month old dcg and nearly every day the first diaper change has one of moms long hairs in her private area. her moms hair is really long and dark, so I know that's who it belongs to, but how do you have it end up there and doesn't she notice it? I'm pretty sure if she went home and had one or two of my hairs in her diaper area, I would be probably getting a visit. Never in 15 years had that happen.
VWMom 12:01 PM 03-15-2016
The mom is marking the diaper to make sure she is being changed. She wants to be sure the diaper she is sent home in isn't the one she arrived in.
Unregistered 12:02 PM 03-15-2016
lol ^
midaycare 12:05 PM 03-15-2016
This happens to me if I'm not super careful. My hair falls out like crazy at certain times. And the kids always like pulling on it. I can shed hair like a dog.

To marking the diaper!
laundrymom 12:12 PM 03-15-2016
I bet moms just being fast about changes. Not paying attention and probably changing on her bed.
NillaWafers 12:20 PM 03-15-2016
I'd also want to add that at 5 months, postpartum hair loss is like WHOAH. It's everywhere.
Unregistered 12:21 PM 03-15-2016
funny about the marking thing but seriously though, maybe tell her you found a long hair 2 separate times and that she should really be careful because tourniquet syndrome. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1348969-overview
it happened to the toe of my niece, I found the hair and unwrapped it. She didn't lose her toe luckily.
lovemykidstoo 12:36 PM 03-15-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I'd also want to add that at 5 months, postpartum hair loss is like WHOAH. It's everywhere.
She did mention that she's been losing alot of hair. I just don't know if I should mention it or not. It's just been the last week or two.
Baby Beluga 02:10 PM 03-15-2016
I have three in diapers - all three either have mom's hair or the animal's hair in their diaper at least once a week.

I shed like crazy, and am always worried that my hair will wind up on a child.
Controlled Chaos 02:26 PM 03-15-2016
I probably send home a hair of mine every once in a while not a big deal. I notice a hair in the 7m dcgs diaper from time to time.
spud912 03:15 PM 03-15-2016
The months after my pregnancies I shed like crazy and find my hair all over the place. My dh and I always joked about it. The most unusual place we found one was hanging on my dh's rear view mirror in his work vehicle. I NEVER go in there. In fact, the only person who is ever in there is my dh. I still wonder how it got there
jenboo 03:37 PM 03-15-2016
My hair is everywhere! There isn't a hair in the diaper when I put it on my lo and one always shows up when I go to take the diaper off. I don't know how this happens!
lovemykidstoo 04:02 PM 03-15-2016
This is so funny. Here I thought it was so odd and you all have experienced it lol. Maybe I've just never had anyone with this dark of hair before and didn't notice it. I feel better now!
Hunni Bee 06:25 PM 03-15-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I can attest to that. I could reach up and pull out handfuls
284878 07:22 AM 03-16-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
funny about the marking thing but seriously though, maybe tell her you found a long hair 2 separate times and that she should really be careful because tourniquet syndrome. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1348969-overview
it happened to the toe of my niece, I found the hair and unwrapped it. She didn't lose her toe luckily.
This happened to my foster boy on his penis. He complained that hurt and I could not find anything. He went to visit his mom and she did not find it either. My dh looked and found the hair cut into his skin. We got it off and he healed. My guess is he got it from the bath tub.
Tags:hair - falling out
Reply Up