Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Opinions: Is This Normal for One-Year-Old Classroom
Dee2016 02:01 AM 03-01-2016
Okay my 14 month old daughter just switched from a home daycare to a center mainly bc I want her to start learning, doing little activities and have a routine instead of tv most of the day. I know not all home daycares do the TV thing but this one did. So back to the new center my bby girl cried and still does which was expected bc she has to warm up to new pple and places. I hve no issue w/ tht. The main teacher is great, sends pics of her doin "work" arts n crafts most days to show shes fine. Problem I have is every afternoon (main teacher is gone) the whole class is made to sit on the rug. No toys no books just sitting and honestly looking miserable. Teacher is usually sitting there watching. This is Everyday for a week. I pick up around 4/430 they close at 6. Ive shown up a little earlier and later just in case its just tht time but nope samething. I worked in daycare about 8 years ago so i was shocked that there is no free play/music etc in the afternoon. Is this normal in your centers and how would you address it? Plan on talking to director today. My husband says give it more time but honestly it's bothering me to much. Sorry its so long.
Tags:cleaning - during daycare, closing time, odd, ratios
Up