Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>3 Hour Inspection---TGIF!
daycarediva 04:22 PM 01-18-2013
I had a horrible inspection not too long ago, the food program showed at lunch, and then right after my registrar showed up. (not that horrible, no violations, and it was under 90 minutes)

Today my NEW registrar showed up, unannounced, with the local head registrar. They were here for 3 hours!!!!!!!! My dh couldn't believe how invasive it was. No complaint, just a pop inspection. I was cited for a missing immunization form bc dck was not up to date (I really LOATHE having to check them and do not think it should be my responsibility but that's a whole nother issue!)

They went through my entire filing cabinet. Past and present records of children, and then through my home with a fine tooth comb. It was the most nerve wracking inspection to date.

My group behaved beautifully though, and I was complimented on that, my home, daycare space, my son's behavior AND my program, so that's a bonus but GEESH, 3 HOURS, and of course, from from 10am-1pm so smack dab in the middle of outside time (which we missed bc of the visit), lunch, and then they left during our nap routine, which wasn't going well because the head registrar was in the nap room while I was doing our routine! GOOD GRIEF TGIF!
CedarCreek 04:28 PM 01-18-2013
Wow,that is a little ridiculous! Thank god your dcks behaved so well! The last time I got inspected my dcks were trying to kill each other! They all have a tendency to act up around any company though. I got cited for having a glider on our new swing set :/ I agree with you about the immunization records, I don't think it should be our responsibility either.
daycare 04:32 PM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I had a horrible inspection not too long ago, the food program showed at lunch, and then right after my registrar showed up. (not that horrible, no violations, and it was under 90 minutes)

Today my NEW registrar showed up, unannounced, with the local head registrar. They were here for 3 hours!!!!!!!! My dh couldn't believe how invasive it was. No complaint, just a pop inspection. I was cited for a missing immunization form bc dck was not up to date (I really LOATHE having to check them and do not think it should be my responsibility but that's a whole nother issue!)

They went through my entire filing cabinet. Past and present records of children, and then through my home with a fine tooth comb. It was the most nerve wracking inspection to date.

My group behaved beautifully though, and I was complimented on that, my home, daycare space, my son's behavior AND my program, so that's a bonus but GEESH, 3 HOURS, and of course, from from 10am-1pm so smack dab in the middle of outside time (which we missed bc of the visit), lunch, and then they left during our nap routine, which wasn't going well because the head registrar was in the nap room while I was doing our routine! GOOD GRIEF TGIF!
OMG what state are you in
daycarediva 04:37 PM 01-18-2013
New York

Ironically enough, I had the SAME immunization record for dck when I passed the previous inspection. I really think that they never take the time to go over EACH immunization form and because my registrar is BRAND NEW and had her boss along I got 'special treatment' . The head registrar (who I know) asked me if my son became SA this year & my new registrar didn't even understand/had to have it explained that per licensing when ds becomes SA I have another space available. I was also pointing out things that she should be looking for and actually said "don't you want to TEST the smoke detectors?" (she just looked to see they were up)

New registrar is going to be FUN to work with!
daycarediva 04:40 PM 01-18-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Wow,that is a little ridiculous! Thank god your dcks behaved so well! The last time I got inspected my dcks were trying to kill each other! They all have a tendency to act up around any company though. I got cited for having a glider on our new swing set :/ I agree with you about the immunization records, I don't think it should be our responsibility either.
My one dcb was acting up (not horribly, pulling toys away but willing to give it back/apologize without a meltdown) typical kid stuff, he started crying during lunch and needed to leave the table but he was obviously tired and was out cold within 2 minutes of his head hitting the pillow. THANK GOODNESS!
Tags:inspection, inspection - random, inspection - unannounced
Reply Up