Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Two Week Trial Period..
Jessica998 05:46 PM 10-02-2017
Hello! I need advice. I just started full time care, the last two years I was only doing a preschool program 3 days a week for children 3 1/2, Most of the kids i work with now are 2 1/5 and up. I took a young toddler (1), Im starting to realize its just not a good fit for my daycare and I cant give him the attention he needs.My set up and program is more towards children 2 1/2 plus. my question is, how do I tell his parents? There is nothing wrong with this child other than age . I do a two week trial period which allows both parties to cancel. The family really enjoys the daycare and always has good things to say, which of course, makes it harder for me to tell them. What would be the best approach?
CityGarden 08:32 PM 10-02-2017
Dear DCP,

I have enjoyed getting to spend time with dcb the past week. In his time here I have noticed that my program is not set up for toddlers and 2 1/2 is the youngest I can provide a quality program for. Unfortunately, at this time I cannot expand and hire additional help to meet the developmental needs of both groups. If you would like I would be happy to be a reference for dcb and your family as well as refer you to other programs that can better meet the needs of toddlers.

DCB's last day per the two-week trial will end on _______ and I will have a check to refund X portion of the payment you made for the month of October on that day. Should you want to leave prior to that I would be happy to prorate the amount accordingly.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
CityGarden 08:33 PM 10-02-2017
btw - Welcome to Daycare.com!!!
daycarediva 09:52 AM 10-03-2017
Can I ask why you enrolled a young toddler?

I agree that being upfront is the best option, just tell them that while you enjoy having him everyday, you now realize that you cannot provide a great preschool program with young toddlers in care.
Tags:two week - trial
Reply Up