Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Co Sleeping
Unregistered 12:55 PM 10-02-2017
I have a child who will not nap at daycare for nothing! This child is almost three and cosleeps at home. How do I get this child to nap? Child needs a nap is very cranky and over tired when nap is over. This child talks and tries to wake others. I've tried moving the cot to different locations. I've tried different blankets heavy ones light ones and even tried a lovie from home. Nothing works I'm ready to tell mom she needs to sleep train at home so kid learns how to sleep alone. What would you do? Any advise is apprecieated thank you!
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 10-02-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a child who will not nap at daycare for nothing! This child is almost three and cosleeps at home. How do I get this child to nap? Child needs a nap is very cranky and over tired when nap is over. This child talks and tries to wake others. I've tried moving the cot to different locations. I've tried different blankets heavy ones light ones and even tried a lovie from home. Nothing works I'm ready to tell mom she needs to sleep train at home so kid learns how to sleep alone. What would you do? Any advise is apprecieated thank you!

I'd call for pick up any time she is disruptive to the others to the point they can not nap.

I don't concern myself with parenting styles at home so long as they don't affect my daycare kids. If it does, then I give the issue back to the parent.

It's not my job to teach the child how to sleep but it is my job to ensure all children have the opportunity to rest quietly and if one child is disrupting that, they need to get picked up.

Sounds to me like the child may simply not be a good fit for your program. I've termed kids that don't rest or eat like the others. My goal is harmony for the group not individualized care.
CeriBear 06:06 AM 10-05-2017
I had a little girl over the summer that wouldn’t nap or be quiet. I found the solution was to sit by her and pat her back for a bit. She would usually fall asleep then or at least lie quietly until she eventually drifted off. I can’t say that this would work for your child but you might give it a try.
Tags:co-sleeping, co-sleeping and daycare
Reply Up