Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Daycare Orientation
HomeAwayFromHone 05:49 PM 10-11-2017
Hello everyone, so far I have done everything except my cpr class (which I’m doing this weekend) needed to get my license! I was wondering after everything has been sent in that you need, how long does it take for you to get to go to orientation to get your license?
Im just trying to get an idea of how long till I can actually start caring for children. Thanks also I’m in Michigan if that matters!
Mom2Two 07:32 PM 10-11-2017
Have you had your home inspection? That was my longest, because they had to come back twice while I fixed things.
HomeAwayFromHone 07:36 PM 10-11-2017
No I have not! I was under the impression that they come within 90 days after you get your license? Is this not true?
Mom2Two 07:41 PM 10-11-2017
Have you read your list of requirements for your home? Our condensed one is 16 pages long. The one with explanations is 160 pages long. I had to pass all of it.

Weirdest was that screws out of the top of our swing set couldn't protrude more than a dime width from their nut. We had to use the metal grinder (thank goodness we already had one) and grind down the machine screws.

We had indoor and outdoor inspections.
HomeAwayFromHone 08:03 PM 10-11-2017
Yes I have and it is ridiculously long! Lol I’m trying to make sure I have everything done that is listed. That’s crazy’ I will have to check my swing set! Thanks for the information! where abouts are you in Michigan? Near Lansing at all? Do you remember how long it took for them to set up your orientation after you had all the paperwork and stuff done? Thanks so much!
Mom2Two 08:19 PM 10-11-2017
Nope. I'm in Utah. But let me tell ya...if a kid in Lansing trips over something and breaks a leg...pretty soon there's a new rule we have to follow here. I think it's about the same in every state. Not the same rules, but lots of them.
HomeAwayFromHone 08:56 PM 10-11-2017
Oh wow! Yeah it seems like there’s a lot but I keep reading the rules over and over to try to remember as many as I can! looking forward to this journey, nonetheless!
284878 06:03 AM 10-12-2017
I'm in MI. I applied in March. Took orentation in July (I was scheduled for June but had a conflict) Sent my l am ready letter in August and got Approval labor day weekend. Was inspected in December at about 89 days.
Feel free to PM me any questions.
melilley 08:01 PM 10-13-2017
I’m in MI, near Lansing! When I opened, I had my orientation in December and my inspection was almost at the 90 day mark. They hold orientations at certain times, but will let you know once you submit all of the paperwork. If you are family, you can care for children right after orientation, before the inspection. If you’re group, you have to have the inspection first before enrolling any kids.
Do you know about the technical assistance manual? It goes over each rule in more detail! You can find it on the LARA site!
Unregistered 10:18 AM 10-14-2017
Ok awesome! Thanks for the information! I have printed off the list that the inspectors go by but I don’t know if I printed out one that goes into detail?? I’m going to go and check. Do you know how long it took for them to set you up for orientation after you sent in all the peprwork? As of Monday or Tuesday they will have all my paperwork so I’m wondering how long it will take them to set me up for an orientation?
Thanks to everyone helping me out and giving me advice! I am so excited to Embark in this next journey in my life and be able
To be at home with my kids as well!!
Tags:orientation
Reply Up