Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>High Lead Levels
daycarediva 11:05 AM 10-16-2017
Incoming dcb, mom just mailed me his enrollment packet. On his physical, his iron test (at 2, he's 3 now) was a 8.1 Google tells me that at 8 in my state, he would have a redraw with a vein. I sent mom a message about it, and she said the pediatrician never mentioned it to her! It was over a year ago! She is calling the pediatrician to see if they can do another test.

http://www.leadpoisoninfo.com/bll-re...they-mean.html

They live in an old farmhouse. I suggested Mom test for lead paint.
Play Care 11:29 AM 10-16-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Incoming dcb, mom just mailed me his enrollment packet. On his physical, his iron test (at 2, he's 3 now) was a 8.1 Google tells me that at 8 in my state, he would have a redraw with a vein. I sent mom a message about it, and she said the pediatrician never mentioned it to her! It was over a year ago! She is calling the pediatrician to see if they can do another test.

http://www.leadpoisoninfo.com/bll-re...they-mean.html

They live in an old farmhouse. I suggested Mom test for lead paint.

That is bizarre! When my now 3 1/2 yo dcb tested high, he was immediately referred for a blood draw. That test came out normal. They do have an older home and tested but they couldn't find any source of lead. We upped his dairy just in case.
DaveA 12:15 PM 10-16-2017
That is odd! We had to do a blood test for lead with DS when he was 1 because of the age of the house he was in. I would advise DCP to test both for lead paint and water (lead pipes?)
Ariana 12:30 PM 10-16-2017
What the heck why are there so many negligent Drs I hope this was a misread and nothing bad comes of it. Yikes! Even as a mom you’d think she would have checked!

Lead pipes too! They have lead pipes at my daughters school and they have to do mandatory flushing every day. Luckily my DDs bring their own water to school.
Tags:lead, lead levels
Reply Up