Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Assistants, Backups, And Substitutes Do You Have For Your Daycare?
Abigail 12:14 PM 04-12-2011
I was talking to my DH about friends who said they've "love" to stop by my daycare and help me out. When I get down to being realistic, it's not so easy. My DH will be my emergency backup since he'll always be home sleeping while the daycare kids are here. I want to know about who would be my substitute or assistant for sick days or field trips besides relying solely on my DH.

I don't have family in town and my friend who really loves kids and wants to help will always be working a 9-5 job M-F so realistically she'll never be reliable. My MIL did home daycare when her boys were young and she doesn't work summers since she is on a school-year schedule. She would be someone who could be my main person to go to during the summer, but what should I do to line someone up for winter? How many people do you know you could call and see if they're available?
Tags:assistants, backups, emergency, employee, family members, in-laws, substitute
Up