Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help
Unregistered 03:31 AM 12-06-2013
Im looking to start a home daycare. Does anyone have any resources for discounted furniture and supplies?
Scout 04:06 AM 12-06-2013
I order my nap cots from discountschoolsupply.com, sheets for them from sheetsunlimited.com. Craigslist can sometimes have good finds. As far as a craft table my dad cut down the legs of their old kitchen table to kid size. I do still need chairs for it though and they are about 20 a chair so that is on hold. Good luck!
melilley 05:04 AM 12-06-2013
I also ordered my cots from doscountschoolsupply-they were the cheapest that I found. The rest of my stuff I found on CL and garage sales, thrift stores. Some of the stuff that I had to have, but couldn't find, is new (shelving mostly).
Maria2013 05:10 AM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
As far as a craft table my dad cut down the legs of their old kitchen table to kid size.
that's a wonderful idea, thanks!
Annalee 08:48 AM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im looking to start a home daycare. Does anyone have any resources for discounted furniture and supplies?
Try abcdistributing.com, or oriental trading... sometimes they have book display shelves, child care wall display, etc. or I get some things from Amazon and walmart.com....for some reason, walmart online has better pricing on some things.
coolconfidentme 09:22 AM 12-06-2013
Look on your local Facebook sale pages.
butterfly 10:18 AM 12-06-2013
I got my cots and sheets off of ebay - with free shipping - and it was so much cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

Walmart online actually carries quite a nice selection of early childhood equipment.

I also shop thrift stores. I've gotten several of my kid chairs for a dollar or two a piece there. It's an eclectic mix, but that's ok - then I have chairs for every size of child.

You could make a request on your face book page. I've had several families donate stuff their kids outgrew just because they knew I was willing to take it.

I got tables at amazon. It's actually an adjustable height table http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-80160...e+height+table

I got it at a ridiculous price. It was onsale for around $20 - I see it's much more now. The smallest height it perfect for my littles and their chairs.
Tags:furniture, starting a daycare, supplies
Reply Up