Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Daycare Insurance?

Hello!

Which Daycare insurance do you have? And also did you ever had a situation where you had to use it?

Thank you!
Old 02-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Is there insurance for day care??? Its is the first time I am hearing about it.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:54 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Rivera View Post
In many states it's actually required in order to open as a licensed home... I have always been a small home & State Farm will cover provided I am running legal in my state (licensed or legally license exempt here); I started out fully licensed 17 years ago in another state

Because I am infants only my limit is 4 babies & I pay extra for the daycare liability rider on my homeowners policy. There are companies that are daycare specific Ins too but they only cover legally licensed homes, not legally licensed exempt
Old 02-13-2017, 05:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

My homeowner's insurance doesn't have a day care option. I went to a local insurance agent and he hooked me up with the basic coverage--injury and abuse up to $1 million--with Mount Vernon Fire Insurance Company. Since I've never needed to use it, I can't review it!
Old 02-13-2017, 07:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

I live in Texas and insurance isn't required but I have insurance through Assurance Childcare Insurance (there are only like 2 companies that offer insurance in TX). I have never used it before.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Rivera View Post
Are you in the U.S. or Canada?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am considering using this company: https://www.dcins.com/
Old 02-13-2017, 11:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

We have American family, as long as I watch less than 6 kids my homeowners is fine. After that they have an add on that is $50 extra a month.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

I forgot to add the extra also would cover legal fees if anyone tried to sue me or make false accusations.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Are you in the U.S. or Canada?
Hai friend,
I stay in Canada. But I often visit U.S as all my relatives are settled there. Me too was in U.S, but, I migrated to Canada since I got a very good job and now I am settled here with my family.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGarden View Post
I am considering using this company: https://www.dcins.com/
I used that company last year and they were fine but they no longer offered insurance in my state so they offered me another company and did not renew my policy.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you for your replies!

State Farm just offered us a Home plus Daycare insurance plan. Anyone has experience with them?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:49 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetheSun View Post
Thank you for your replies!

State Farm just offered us a Home plus Daycare insurance plan. Anyone has experience with them?
State Farm has insured me half my daycare years (since 2001)... so far so good, no claims lol. I pay monthly along with my auto policy (I don't transport either so that keeps cost down). In fact one of my new incoming babies at the end of month is coming from my Agents office so they must like how I run lol

They limit you to 6 kids I believe even if licensing might say you could have 8 (at least the 3 states they have covered me in); you have to be running legal for the state you are in also. Here in TN I am limited to 4 because I am infant only (licensed or legally licensed exempt)

Tags
daycare insurance