Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Has Anyone Listed Their Business In The Phone Book?
Abigail 11:33 PM 11-04-2010
What I just noticed is a lot of FCC homes have created a name for themselves and they advertise with their own logo on Craigslist, for example. They mention they will give out their location or phone number later in the ad and expect to be emailed via CL. The funny thing is, I open a new tab and google them. Their address and phone number pop up at the top of my search list---first try--along with reviews from yahoo. Is naming their business in the phone book allowing their home address to be given out? I don't want strangers knowing where I live unless they've called me and are interested in my business for the right reasons. That is why I ask.
nannyde 04:14 AM 11-05-2010
yes

Our DHS publishes our names, address, phone number and a google locator. They did it without our permission.

So once it was out I started using full info too. No reason not to now.

I don't mind it so much. I do NOT like the copius amount of telemarketer calls that come with it tho. The no call list doesn't work for businesses. I get about ten telemarketers a day so I'm thinking of muting that line and just checking it once a week or so for potential client calls.
Abigail 01:32 AM 11-07-2010
I can't decide whether to get a landline ONLY for daycare or to use a second cell phone number. The benefit to the cell phone is that it's not attached to our home address in any way. I can leave it at home so I'm not carrying it around and treat it like a landline. I wouldn't mind the landline, but then the business has no option to block the endless calls from telemarketers like you said and it's also attached to my home address.

I don't know yet if you're still required to have a landline, but I think a second cell phone would be fine. Then I can keep business and personal calls completely separate for less than the cost of a land-line since it's about $10/month for another cell phone line.
nannyde 04:38 AM 11-07-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I can't decide whether to get a landline ONLY for daycare or to use a second cell phone number. The benefit to the cell phone is that it's not attached to our home address in any way. I can leave it at home so I'm not carrying it around and treat it like a landline. I wouldn't mind the landline, but then the business has no option to block the endless calls from telemarketers like you said and it's also attached to my home address.

I don't know yet if you're still required to have a landline, but I think a second cell phone would be fine. Then I can keep business and personal calls completely separate for less than the cost of a land-line since it's about $10/month for another cell phone line.
I don't know yet if you're still required to have a landline

Yes and it's a pain in the arse and a big waste of resources.
Tags:address, craigs list, logo, naming your business, phone book, safety, security
Reply Up