Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You Know It's Not A Good Sign....
MG&Lsmom 06:57 AM 03-01-2011
when you're already looking forward to naptime 2 hours into the 2nd day of care

I hope this dcg calms down a bit. Rude, purposefully defiant and screeches at the top of her lungs when she doesn't get her way. I also have her older bro & sis for B/A school care, less than 1.5hr a day. Sis is a energetic and I can see some behavior problems arising. Bro is active but respectful. Doubting my decision to take them on.
Cat Herder 07:17 AM 03-01-2011
Wow... I get quiet, crying and not eating on day two...but rude/defiant...

I bet you are not her first provider??

My head says Run!!!

Good luch, hun... Maybe she will get it fast that you don't play that way...
My4SunshineGirlsNY 07:28 AM 03-01-2011
Yup, I say run!! Just knowing from personal experience...it's MUCH easier to admit now that it's too much than string it on and then decide.

I have had my share of defiant daycare kids and they NEVER work out, it's just too stressful on my own kids and everyone else in daycare.
MG&Lsmom 07:32 AM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I bet you are not her first provider??
First time in daycare at 2.5y. Mom just went back to work full time, Dad works full time but his weekend is W,Th so she'll only be here 3 days a week.

I have a 2 week probationary period in my contract. We'll see if she gets makes it.
MG&Lsmom 02:18 PM 03-01-2011
So the attitude continued right up until DCM appeared and she gave her a little show too. DCM was not pleased and we talked a bit about allowing for adjusting but also not allowing the behaviors to continue.
daycare 02:31 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
when you're already looking forward to naptime 2 hours into the 2nd day of care

I hope this dcg calms down a bit. Rude, purposefully defiant and screeches at the top of her lungs when she doesn't get her way. I also have her older bro & sis for B/A school care, less than 1.5hr a day. Sis is a energetic and I can see some behavior problems arising. Bro is active but respectful. Doubting my decision to take them on.
i think we are caring for the same child....lol...... and now this child seem to have something medical going on and the parents think I am a worry wart.......uggghhh where is friday???????????????
Tags:bad behavior, defiant, rude, screeching
Reply Up