Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Handbook/Contract - Attached for Feedback :)
MissK 07:31 AM 04-12-2012
Hi all! I've made a few changes and now I'm ready to attach it for open viewing and feedback I was just going to add it to my previous post that also talked about my handbook/contract, but for some reason there was no edit option - hmmm (?)

Anywho....I know a lot of you wouldn't list hours and/or rates, but my licensor requires me to at least touch on these in the handbook and list some sort of starting point or general hours/rates (though I can note that these may vary based on the parents needs, etc.). I also have to mention in this handbook that I do carry childcare liabiltiy insurance.

Any feedback is greatly appreicated!
MN Day Mom 07:35 AM 04-12-2012
I haven't looked at your handbook yet, but wanted to say that I am also in MN and there is no state requirement that you even need a handbook much less that you have to state your hours or rates in one?

What county are you in? Is it a county regulation?
MissK 07:39 AM 04-12-2012
I'm in Ottertail County - something my county licensor wants, but honestly I'm fine listing my standard hours and my weekly & drop in rate
frugalmama4 09:02 AM 04-12-2012
OK, I'M no vet...but I have had my share of issues with these I WANT FREE DAYCARE PARENTS. I too just re-did my handbook.

pg 1. Should be 10.00 per-child per-5 minutes
Mine is a $1.00 a minute per-child

pg1. Anytime over your contracted 10 hours per-day...should be $2.50 per-child per-hour. I would look at increasing this amount...when you break it down your only getting .40cent more an hour according to your full time rate.

pg2. same thing for overtime rate increase it.

pg 5. Unpaid vacation time, IDK about that (I'm paid for one week pm me and I will send you my handbook if you like)

pg6. NO NO NO You get paid before you work!(really pm me I will send you my book)

pg7 term-add 2weeks per-child

Hope this helps!

I did not go over everything...will re-read at nap time.
Blackcat31 09:24 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by MN Day Mom:
I haven't looked at your handbook yet, but wanted to say that I am also in MN and there is no state requirement that you even need a handbook much less that you have to state your hours or rates in one?

What county are you in? Is it a county regulation?
MN requires we have certain things in written format. Here is a link to the MN site that states exactly what we need to include. If your licensor is not requiring this info then she is out of compliance to the state regs.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/?id=9502.0405

Scroll down to Subp. 3
MissK 09:39 AM 04-12-2012
frugalmama - all your comments are great, but of course things are going to be different from provider to provider and state to state Just a few comments on these ideas for those of you that may be thinking the same things:

Thank you for pointing this one out – this will definitely be changed to 10.00 per 5 minutes per child.

pg1. Anytime over your contracted 10 hours per-day...should be $2.50 per-child per-hour. I would look at increasing this amount...when you break it down your only getting .40cent more an hour according to your full time rate.
Again – I forget about adding the per child =) Will update this, but as of right now I’m ok with 2.50 per hour. Will increase if I feel the need to.

I’m ok with it right now. May increase in the future if I feel the need to =)

pg 5. Unpaid vacation time, IDK about that (I'm paid for one week pm me and I will send you my handbook if you like)
This is something I have put a lot of thought into. I decided to go with unpaid vacation time – just how I want to be =)

pg6. NO NO NO You get paid before you work!(really pm me I will send you my book) NOBODY in my area gets paid before care. I’ve made the decision to blend in and compete with other providers in my area and everybody gets paid after care. I live in a pretty small community and it’s kind of hard to hide once you screw over one person/provider…lol

Something to think about, but right now I’m ok with having just a 2 week notice =)

I really appreciate you looking this over for me and while not all of it will work for me or my area it’s great to have different ideas of how others do it! =)
frugalmama4 11:24 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by MissK:
frugalmama - all your comments are great, but of course things are going to be different from provider to provider and state to state Just a few comments on these ideas for those of you that may be thinking the same things:

Thank you for pointing this one out – this will definitely be changed to 10.00 per 5 minutes per child.

Again – I forget about adding the per child =) Will update this, but as of right now I’m ok with 2.50 per hour. Will increase if I feel the need to.

I’m ok with it right now. May increase in the future if I feel the need to =)

This is something I have put a lot of thought into. I decided to go with unpaid vacation time – just how I want to be =)

pg6. NO NO NO You get paid before you work!(really pm me I will send you my book) NOBODY in my area gets paid before care. I’ve made the decision to blend in and compete with other providers in my area and everybody gets paid after care. I live in a pretty small community and it’s kind of hard to hide once you screw over one person/provider…lol

Something to think about, but right now I’m ok with having just a 2 week notice =)

I really appreciate you looking this over for me and while not all of it will work for me or my area it’s great to have different ideas of how others do it! =)

Yep I agree...it's great to know how others roll (so speak) that' why I love this forum!

Good Luck with everything.
MissK 08:33 AM 04-16-2012
I'm on a different computer I wonder if thats why I can't edit - but I don't want to keep my handbook up here. Is there any way to delete this thread? Thanks in advance!!
daycare 09:00 AM 04-16-2012
I can delete it if you want.

Also, In my experience full time spots are much harder to fill than PT. I have in my PHB regarding termination:

F/T must give 30 day notice
P/T must give a 2 week notice.

I know you say you won't ask to be paid in advance, guess what. I am one of the only ones in my area that do this and I have no issues getting paid up front. I will NEVER do business where I have given my services first without payment. I am not a credit card company.

I might suggest this if you want to offer pay after service...

the rate is $130.00 per week if you pay after services are provided

rate is $120.00 per week if you pay in advance?? Set it what your normal rate is .

Just a thought
MissK 11:40 AM 04-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:

Also, In my experience full time spots are much harder to fill than PT. I have in my PHB regarding termination:

I know you say you won't ask to be paid in advance, guess what. I am one of the only ones in my area that do this and I have no issues getting paid up front. I will NEVER do business where I have given my services first without payment. I am not a credit card company.

rate is $120.00 per week if you pay in advance?? Set it what your normal rate is .

Just a thought
I like these ideas Thanks for the input!
If you could delete that'd be great I have a little more work to do on this :-)
Michael 06:09 PM 04-16-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:

Just a thought
Mods, please DO NOT delete entire threads. Only remove what personal information is asked for. Google immediatly indexes our content and to delete it will hurt our forum ranking and indexing.
Tags:contract - sample, handbook - sample, sample
Reply Up