Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Constant screaming
Ac114 10:27 AM 02-06-2019
I have an 18 month old that screams non stop the entire nap time and disrupts everyone trying to sleep. I have him Tuesday through Thursday and dread having him every week. I’m currently trying to replace him but not getting anywhere. Anyways, 1 hr into nap and he has the entire group up and babies screaming because they are tired. I called for pick up. I never thought I would get to that point but I AM SO DONE! I am tired of listening to the screaming all day long!!
Ms.Kay 10:49 AM 02-06-2019
Preaching to the choir!!! After 26 yrs..I changed my contract and will only accept 18 mo..and under fulltime. It is too difficult and stressful to try to keep an infant on any kind of a of schedule part time...and with numerous caregivers. Parents do what works for them no matter what...I can not carry one child all day.
Ariana 11:03 AM 02-06-2019
I have done exclusively part time and this kid can definitely be trained on 4 days a week. Unfortunately it requires a seperate room and loud sound machine
jenboo 11:38 AM 02-06-2019
Im reopening as a preschool and will never have to deal with naps again
Mom2Two 01:53 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have done exclusively part time and this kid can definitely be trained on 4 days a week. Unfortunately it requires a seperate room and loud sound machine

I know that not everyone has a separate room, but for me that's where I'd start.
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I have an 18 month old that screams non stop the entire nap time and disrupts everyone trying to sleep. I have him Tuesday through Thursday and dread having him every week. I’m currently trying to replace him but not getting anywhere. Anyways, 1 hr into nap and he has the entire group up and babies screaming because they are tired. I called for pick up. I never thought I would get to that point but I AM SO DONE! I am tired of listening to the screaming all day long!!
Is he just a natural screamer or is it due to sleep routines at home and sleep routines at daycare not meshing?

If it's due to the way parents choose to put their child to bed, then I happily give the issue back to the parent to fix.
Every single day if necessary.

If it's due to simply being a screamer....well I'd have to seriously consider adjusting my budget to account for the loss of income or invest in some really good white noise machines. depending on which option you go with.
Ac114 07:07 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Is he just a natural screamer or is it due to sleep routines at home and sleep routines at daycare not meshing?

If it's due to the way parents choose to put their child to bed, then I happily give the issue back to the parent to fix.
Every single day if necessary.

If it's due to simply being a screamer....well I'd have to seriously consider adjusting my budget to account for the loss of income or invest in some really good white noise machines. depending on which option you go with.
I think he is naturally just a screamer and it’s driving me and the other kids bonkers. They all cover their ears as well. It’s awful. I’m looking for a replacement because I can not go without the income. It’s just very frustrating and the reason I called for pick up.
Tags:burnout, noise, noise stress, screamer, screaming child, screams all day
Reply Up