Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Camera's In Childcare Centers (Just Wondering Your Thoughts)
Auntie 01:46 PM 06-25-2011
Would you want camera's in the rooms if your child attended there?

Now if you were to work there would you feel comfortable with a camera on you the whole time? (I assume we all have nothing to hide)

As a parent, would you feel comfortable with a camera on your child?

These are questions I have thought of.

We do not have cameras at the center I work at. I can see both sides of this issue. Some days I wish we did just so the owner/director could see how lazy my coworker is and how horrible certain children's behavior is without us having to say anything.
Then there are days I am glad we don't because I think that is just not right. You should trust your staff to do what is right and not have to spy on them.
Michael 01:53 PM 06-25-2011
Some ealrier threads on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=cctv

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...video+monitors

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=monitor

An article we had on CCTVs in the Daycare: https://www.daycare.com/story/daycar...o_cameras.html
blueclouds29 02:25 PM 06-25-2011
my first daycare i worked at had cameras and that was in 2000. The parents had to pay for the program and had a username and password. I was very nervous but i got used to it. I think its cool that the parents can be at work and see what's going with their kids. I don't see them much anymore though..
Mike Lassiter 03:13 PM 06-25-2011
For a point of view of owner of a center (I am not one yet, but working on it) I want them. Now some will feel it is to spy on your workers. It has been pointed out already here that having them eliminates many problems. Parents cannot argue that their child was or wasn't anything because we can look and see. If workers are a problem then there is the proof. I believe both sides of the situation would appreciate the benefits of them. Neither side stands guilty until proven so. If someone is focused on being spyed on and their privacy being intruded on I submit they likely have some reasons for fearing being on camera. You are on camera in Walmart and about every other store you go in or even on their parking lot. It never stops anyone from shopping. And people know there are cameras everywhere and still go in and try to steal stuff? I never give them a second thought. They are in place to protect EVERYONE not just the stores.
littlemissmuffet 03:50 PM 06-25-2011
Originally Posted by :
Would you want camera's in the rooms if your child attended there?
Yes.

Originally Posted by :
Now if you were to work there would you feel comfortable with a camera on you the whole time? (I assume we all have nothing to hide)
No, I would not be uncomfortable. I think I would actually prefer it to NOT having a camera, as it would clear my name of any false accusations that could potentially arise in this line of business.

Originally Posted by :
As a parent, would you feel comfortable with a camera on your child?
Yes. I wouldn't want other parents veiwing it unless required in an investigation.

Originally Posted by :
You should trust your staff to do what is right and not have to spy on them.
Um, no. It would be nice if this is how the world worked, but it isn't.
youretooloud 04:00 PM 06-25-2011
In my home. No.

But, in a center, I'd have no problem with it for myself, or my child. I don't think i'd want people to be able to log in at work and watch the kids though. I just think it's a good thing to have for reference, if there's a problem, and you can look back at the security videos.
Meeko 07:32 PM 06-25-2011
No prob in a center...but I would not have one in my home that parents could log into.

Some of you are familiar with my situation with the sex offender dad coming around to "visit".

Just the thought of him being able to watch all day from the privacy of his cubicle.........UGH!!!
Mike Lassiter 08:31 PM 06-25-2011
to clarify my previous post - I am for CCTV system, for security reasons; NOT for web cam systems parents can log into. I think those would create more issues than they would prevent.
sharlan 08:33 PM 06-25-2011
I was thinking about installing one in the playroom, until I read Meekos post. It would be impossible to prevent parents from watching other's kids.
littlemissmuffet 08:37 PM 06-25-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I was thinking about installing one in the playroom, until I read Meekos post. It would be impossible to prevent parents from watching other's kids.
It's a good idea to have them for security reasons, as well as for your own protection. But yeah, not so much if other parents can view... there's way too many pervs out there.
Abigail 08:45 PM 06-25-2011
I would be for it for security reasons, just like having one facing the outside driveway as well. I would not do access for parents to view their children online while at work, so no online webcams. This is where the open doors policy steps in for parents to ring the doorbell mid-day or twenty minutes after they left to pop in. lol
Tags:cctv, monitor, video monitors
Reply Up