Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update On Wanting To Quit
SimpleMom 08:22 PM 01-12-2012
Feeling much better. i am thinking it is time for fewer kids for awhile. i have had afull house for a long time lots of under two yr olds. fewer kids, closing earlier, able to take those i have with to pick up my kids from dance or school. i picked up sewing and crochet. i have been doing that in my spare time and it is quite refreahing. during naps i cut fabrics or set up a pattern. when my own kids are sleeping i sew at night or crochet. mixed it up a bit.

Doing some planned activities, but mostly let them play and interact wit all as a group or one on one and thats going great. it is so very different than when i first started, but i am exausted being a one woman show and trying to run it like a center. actually, i find the kiddos are less rambunctious on a rainy day or snow days this way as well.

Stay at home mom feel and my kids get to play with other kids. It sure is fun watching them interact!

I am going to take the advice of doing those mini vacations as well. i just need someplace relaxing and fairly noise free lol

Thanks for the feedback from everyone. Very much appreciated. i really was a bit down that day. Okay, a lot down, but te words of encouragment sure did help
SimpleMom 08:24 PM 01-12-2012
Sorry, typing on a awkward keyboard
Michael 11:33 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by SimpleMom:
Sorry, typing on a awkward keyboard
Glad things are better for you. I fixed up the typos for you in your original comment.
jessrlee 03:32 AM 01-13-2012

Yay! Burnout stinks!
Unregistered 05:11 AM 01-13-2012
I don't know how to start a new thread, so I am going to vent here-

I have a family that started in November. We agreed upon the hours of 7-5 (DCD said they would typically be here btw 4:30 and 4:45, but wanted to say 5 incase of traffic, etc). This week, DCM started a new job, and they dropped DCB off at 6:45am, and did not apologize or mention that she was starting a new job and wanted to be early. I was so upset, so the next day I made sure that all of my lights were off until 6:55, and they knocked on the door anyway. Same the other days. Yesterday, DCD asked if 6:55 was a problem, and said he didn't know what time we discussed... um, really, bc you signed a paper and have been abiding by the time up until this week. I said fine, 6:55 was ok (they finally told me about the new job- I understand and am not unreasonable)- but today, they show up at 6:50am! What should I do? I am not a confrontational person at all, but I am getting sick of the "keep the lights off until 6:55 game," and they are cutting into the time that I have with my husband and kids in the morning. Not to mention that I feel taken advantage of- 10 extra minutes a day = almost an extra hour a week, that they are not paying for.

Any advice on how to fix this, so that I do not have to directly confront them? What about a letter? How should I word it? Ugh, I hate this! It also makes it hard bc they were recommended by by best friend, so I feel like I have to be more sensitive here. HELP PLEASE!
Mary Poppins 07:37 AM 01-13-2012

It's good to hear that you are feeling better about things! I bet if you look around, you'll find tons of places to escape to locally so you can recharge your batteries now and again. During this time of year there are tons of discounts, too. At least around here.

Even if it's just to the bookstore for a quiet afternoon with a knitting mag and a cup of coffee or tea. You deserve it!
MyAngels 11:34 AM 01-13-2012
SimpleMom - good to hear you're feeling better. Sometimes "talking" to others who understand is such a help, isn't it?

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't know how to start a new thread, so I am going to vent here-

I have a family that started in November. We agreed upon the hours of 7-5 (DCD said they would typically be here btw 4:30 and 4:45, but wanted to say 5 incase of traffic, etc). This week, DCM started a new job, and they dropped DCB off at 6:45am, and did not apologize or mention that she was starting a new job and wanted to be early. I was so upset, so the next day I made sure that all of my lights were off until 6:55, and they knocked on the door anyway. Same the other days. Yesterday, DCD asked if 6:55 was a problem, and said he didn't know what time we discussed... um, really, bc you signed a paper and have been abiding by the time up until this week. I said fine, 6:55 was ok (they finally told me about the new job- I understand and am not unreasonable)- but today, they show up at 6:50am! What should I do? I am not a confrontational person at all, but I am getting sick of the "keep the lights off until 6:55 game," and they are cutting into the time that I have with my husband and kids in the morning. Not to mention that I feel taken advantage of- 10 extra minutes a day = almost an extra hour a week, that they are not paying for.

Any advice on how to fix this, so that I do not have to directly confront them? What about a letter? How should I word it? Ugh, I hate this! It also makes it hard bc they were recommended by by best friend, so I feel like I have to be more sensitive here. HELP PLEASE!
To start a new thread go to the top of the forum you want to post in and hit the button on the top left called "New Thread."

Unfortunately, there really is no good way to handle this situation without directly confronting them. The best way to correct the problem you are having is to have a conversation with the family and let them know your expectations. It will be easier to deal with and more professional. They will appreciate that, too. If they want to continue to come early, and you want to accomdate them, then definitely attach a fee to the extra time - that's only fair.
Tags:burnt out, overwhelmed, quitting
Reply Up