Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Let Somebody Go?
Francine 04:10 AM 12-29-2012
I have terminated because of one thing or another in the past but it was usually a behavior issue or a ready for preschool issue. This time it is just a needing the space and being overwhelmed issue. How do you word it to the parents?
rbmom 07:06 AM 12-29-2012
I wouldn't give much info as to why. I recently downsized my daycare and just left it at I was downsizing...
Blackcat31 08:14 AM 12-29-2012
Dear DCP's

This letter is written notice of termination of our child care agreement. The last day I am able to provide care for your child is Jan xx, 2013.

Please understand that this was a business decision and nothing at all personal. I have included the numbers to the local child care resource and referal agency to aid you in your search for care.

Please let me know if I can assist you in securing new care arrangements.

Thank you,

Child care provider

I think the less you say, the less the risk of hurt feelings and any misunderstandings. If they outright ask, you can just say you have made some changes to your business and are simply no longer able to accommodate their needs. Then smile big.
CozyHome 09:11 PM 12-30-2012
No explanations except that it's a business decision. Blackcat is right. The less you say the better.
Tags:letting go
Reply Up