Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
MsLisa 06:34 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
No hole hiding! You got this! This is your time to shine. Do your thing. I don't know you, but I am truly proud of you for get this position. You can always crawl under some blankets on your couch at the end of the night if you need some hole time but seriously - you can do this!
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
You've got this. The transition is always like juggling chainsaws blindfolded, but you will get there. Like CC said, if you need to grab the blankets afterwards and decompress. But I wouldn't curl up in a hole- get a couple of chairs and use the blankets to make a tent.

Seriously- you can do it.
Thank you guys
It really is like juggling chainsaws blindfolded! My now ex-boss has literally disappeared, my branch manager is clueless about the program and there are soooooooooo many things I have to figure out on my own. Its been an exhausting first week with all new experiences, a lot of fumblings. But the kids love me, the parents thankfully are patient and my co-workers are supportive (cause we are all very overworked and under appreciated). I keep flying between "LETS DO THIS!" to "Oh god I can't do this...". I wish I had better "people skills". Lovely introvert only child problems.
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by MsLisa:
Thank you guys
It really is like juggling chainsaws blindfolded! My now ex-boss has literally disappeared, my branch manager is clueless about the program and there are soooooooooo many things I have to figure out on my own. Its been an exhausting first week with all new experiences, a lot of fumblings. But the kids love me, the parents thankfully are patient and my co-workers are supportive (cause we are all very overworked and under appreciated). I keep flying between "LETS DO THIS!" to "Oh god I can't do this...". I wish I had better "people skills". Lovely introvert problems.
You are your own worst critic.

If your kiddos are loving you and they go home happy, healthy and eager to return the next day you are obviously doing a whole lot of something right!!

I've been reading your posts over the summer and like the others said YOU GOT THIS!!

I think you are going to rock that place and will be the best thing that ever happened to them!!

Don't sell yourself short! You CAN do this!!!
nanglgrl 06:52 AM 09-04-2015
Thank you guys
It really is like juggling chainsaws blindfolded! My now ex-boss has literally disappeared, my branch manager is clueless about the program and there are soooooooooo many things I have to figure out on my own. Its been an exhausting first week with all new experiences, a lot of fumblings. But the kids love me, the parents thankfully are patient and my co-workers are supportive (cause we are all very overworked and under appreciated). I keep flying between "LETS DO THIS!" to "Oh god I can't do this...". I wish I had better "people skills". Lovely introvert problems.
First off congrats! I'm sure you'll do great! Make sure you take notes on everything you do, phone calls you make, paperwork you fill out, conversations you have.
I had a position once where the person before me left leaving a huge mess and there was no list of things for me to get done. No one else knew what I was supposed to do so I had to learn from mistakes. I spent the majority of the year putting out fires that the person before me started and trying to figure out what needed to be done and doing everything that needed to be done immediately while organizing a binder of duties by month (there were specific things that needed to be done certain months). Some duties required specific procedures but since I had nothing to go off of some procedures weren't followed and I had to go back and do them later once I found out about them. None of these procedures were big mistakes but I like to do things right the first time. Anyway, at the end of a year I was done. I was exhausted. During meetings I seemed frazzled because I was. Even though everyone knew the person before me left a mess I didn't document all the stuff I was doing and make it a point to bring it up at meetings because I was trying to be polite and not throw the other person under the bus. I found out from a friend later that word was the new person was so much better than me and doing such a great job and I so wished I had done things different, documented everything I accomplished and brought it up. The new person would have been in the same boat I was in if I hadn't created the binder and cleaned up the mess from the previous person.
NeedaVaca 07:43 AM 09-04-2015
All new families, kids settling in well. One set of parents (in the middle of divorce) not so much, lots of "training" for them! They are getting better but last night they didn't communicate well resulting in a late pickup. DCD originally said he would pick up instead of DCM and would pick up at 5:00 even though he gets off work earlier so the pickup would be "consistent". Later texts mom finished her appt early and would pick up. Well, mom wasn't done, got here late and I firmly explained it can't happen again and add late fee. I tell them both that while they may be trying to be consistent, the scheduled pick up times vary for each set of parents anyway and the DCK's CAN'T TELL TIME Early pick ups are always fine, early drop offs or late pick ups are not...Looking forward to a long weekend
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
All new families, kids settling in well. One set of parents (in the middle of divorce) not so much, lots of "training" for them! They are getting better but last night they didn't communicate well resulting in a late pickup. DCD originally said he would pick up instead of DCM and would pick up at 5:00 even though he gets off work earlier so the pickup would be "consistent". Later texts mom finished her appt early and would pick up. Well, mom wasn't done, got here late and I firmly explained it can't happen again and add late fee. I tell them both that while they may be trying to be consistent, the scheduled pick up times vary for each set of parents anyway and the DCK's CAN'T TELL TIME Early pick ups are always fine, early drop offs or late pick ups are not...Looking forward to a long weekend
that made me chuckle....

It's it funny how parents understand and support "consistency" when it comes to that type of thing but yet rarely apply it to anything else...
auntymimi 09:32 AM 09-04-2015
My Monday and everyone has forgotten how to nap. (Except for the baby, he's yet to learn) ugh. They're so tired they can barely hold the their eyeballs open, why all the fuss! Just. Go. To. Sleep.
mommiebookworm 11:03 AM 09-04-2015
Would you be comfortable walking in shows that are 2-3 sizes too big? Yeah i didnt think so!
Dcg almost 4, can't take more than a few steps without tripping. Poor kid.
I already mentioned it to dcm, but she doesn't care.
BumbleBee 01:26 PM 09-04-2015
Ran into former dcm while grocery shopping today. She's bent out of shape because her son (going into 6th grade now) has a special education class this year. I was a bit surprised so naturally I asked what class. She told me and turns out it's basically a behavior modification class for bullies in place of a study hall period. Well, no shocker there-he got kicked out of my daycare for bullying (and mom constantly making excuses instead of working with me.) Then mom says "I had no idea he was a bully. I wish someone would've said something sooner so we could've worked on it."

B*tch, please. We (me and at least 3 others who were in direct contact with this kid regularly) told you multiple times. Quit playing the victim. Your child is a product of your parenting, just like your 1st kid was.

*no I didn't say any of this to her. Just made an indiscriminate "mmmm" noise.
BumbleBee 01:27 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Would you be comfortable walking in shows that are 2-3 sizes too big? Yeah i didnt think so!
Dcg almost 4, can't take more than a few steps without tripping. Poor kid.
I already mentioned it to dcm, but she doesn't care.
I have one who does this. Does this parent also send in the 'fancy' shoes that are so flipping uncomfortable that the kid struggles with them?

Ugh, parents!
mommiebookworm 06:06 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
I have one who does this. Does this parent also send in the 'fancy' shoes that are so flipping uncomfortable that the kid struggles with them?

Ugh, parents!
Yes they are usually fancy! I think that probably cost a lot more than mine do!
BumbleBee 06:57 AM 09-07-2015
8am, sound asleep. Woken up by pounding on my door. As my semi-awake self stumbles out of bed my house phone starts ringing. I ignore the phone and head to the door to see.....dcm.

I'm closed, it's a holiday.

I didn't even open the door. Just pointed to the sign on my front door that says, wait for it, "CLOSED SEPTEMBER 7th, 2015 FOR LABOR DAY"

Never mind the fact that she received my 2015 closed days in January, March, June, and it was in the newsletter that I sent home 7 days ago.
Play Care 09:55 AM 09-08-2015
My 4 yo dcg "Queen" adored by all her "subjects" (ie mom, dad, grandparents, other babysitters, etc)

No matter what I have out for the kids, she's always asking to do other things. I wonder if she'll try that at school?

When she's told no, she keeps asking, or tries to circumvent me.

Gah, she's done in June...let the countdown begin
Annalee 11:05 AM 09-08-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
My 4 yo dcg "Queen" adored by all her "subjects" (ie mom, dad, grandparents, other babysitters, etc)

No matter what I have out for the kids, she's always asking to do other things. I wonder if she'll try that at school?

My dcg like this went to kindy this year and I was so happy....but, guess what, the one I took in her place appears on the same path to be just like her and this time it's a boy Ironically, I took them both at 11 months old but I can already tell because he is exactly like she was when I enrolled her.
daycarediva 04:18 PM 09-08-2015

But then it will be the TEACHER'S fault, not dcg's.

My 3 1/2yo dcg with the same princess mentality is NOT well liked by other children. Her parents CANNOT see the issue. NOBODY came to her birthday party (from daycare) but 6/8 kids went to dcb's. Treating them that way really sets them up for failure. Dcm was trying to coerce another dcg to give away a pink version of what dcg had in her hand, and had happily been playing with, until dcm came in. Offering dcg a trade, saying her faughter really wanted it, and could she just play until she left... I had to intervene and use the words we say here "Dcg can dcg have a turn when you are finished?" (yes) "Are you finished?" (no) "Sorry dcg, looks like you will have to wait."
Febby 04:27 PM 09-08-2015
The other three year old class reeeaaaaalllllly needs a good assistant. Their teacher can't control them. I have to go into the room at naptime so they'll be quiet enough for my class to sleep. Then they combine with mine late in the afternoon and if I don't walk them individually to a center and tell them how to play, they'll destroy my room. Funny how there aren't (usually) major issues when I sub in that room...
mommyneedsadayoff 07:33 AM 09-09-2015
My early baby comes at 5:15 am. Mom is awesome at drop offs and always consistent. Today, dad is dropping for first time. 5:30...still no dad. call and text, no answer. Dad texts at 7 am saying he decided to sleep longer so they would be over in a bit. Man, I would have loved to sleep longer too! I just love waking up at 5 am to wait on you and you have no courtesy to text me that you are not coming?

Then, dcm who usually drops at 8:45, shows up at 8. And my daughter, who starts preschool tomorrow, potentially has ringworm. Lovely, just lovely. Not enjoying this wednesday!
MsLisa 10:35 AM 09-09-2015
Oh, silly Branch Manager! You want me to help my ex-boss with his "Parents Night Out" program after ALL he's put me through in the past 2 weeks?! The man who's job I made ungodly easy who then turned around and dump a whole load of sh*t on my lap and walked away? You know, the job i'm doing now yet not getting the right pay for ON TOP of my own......Are you for realz?!

He's lucky he hasn't seen me these past 2 weeks now...he'd get a square kick right in the jimmies so hard he'd contemplate his religion.

OH and get this, the program is from 6pm-9pm....he was going to LEAVE it at 7pm to "put his son to bed". Wait...who's program is this? You really think I was going to STAY and do YOUR job for you AGAIN after working my own work day? HA! Sorry dude, this charity train has gone.
BumbleBee 04:23 PM 09-09-2015
Today just sucked. 2yo dcg who is usually my best behaved was horrible. She bit for the first time ever, grabbed toys from everybody, refused to come sit at the table for meals, barely napped, pushed a kid down and smacked the same kid in the face.....followed by a 30 minute sobbing thrashing meltdown in public where she got so worked up she puked.

After all of the kids went home I ran a bath for myself and my brain dead cat fell into the bath while trying to catch the water for the faucet, then jumped out and ran through the house soaking wet.

Thank heavens it's a short week!
LysesKids 04:25 PM 09-09-2015
This parent has had to take off for her own illness numerous times over several months, now the one time I send her kid home sick (vomiting) does she want to hoot & hollar about paying me & her losing her pay for the day... sorry, I have a policy of 24 hrs regardless of reason (Dr says too much mucus drainage into babies tummy); never bothered you to lose pay when I could take kid, but double the loss & the contract sucks (in care 7 months now). Looks like I'm advertising for two spaces because I have a feeling she wants to drop it to pay by the day status ( $4 day more, but not guaranteed) - I have 2 others wanting to do pay by the day also, so first call, first booked
MsLisa 06:08 AM 09-10-2015
Today should be an interesting day....
The CEO, that I personally wrote an email to last week, letting her know about ALL that has happened between my ex-boss and I is in our branch today. Let's see what happens....

AND I get to call a parent to have them pick up their kid after school because they haven't payed for week 1 & 2. Even after I looked the dad right in the eye and told them they need to or else. Not even sorry about it cause they did this same sh*t when the kid was downstairs in Pre-K. Racked up money, rarely paid and my ex-boss just let it go. NOPE. Not any more! You don't pay, you don't play.
(How do adults even do this?! You PAY for a service. Its not freakin complicated and we are the cheapest in the area.....)
Unregistered 01:36 PM 09-10-2015
Originally Posted by Trummynme:
Today just sucked. 2yo dcg who is usually my best behaved was horrible. She bit for the first time ever, grabbed toys from everybody, refused to come sit at the table for meals, barely napped, pushed a kid down and smacked the same kid in the face.....followed by a 30 minute sobbing thrashing meltdown in public where she got so worked up she puked.

After all of the kids went home I ran a bath for myself and my brain dead cat fell into the bath while trying to catch the water for the faucet, then jumped out and ran through the house soaking wet.

Thank heavens it's a short week!
Sorry for the bad day.... but you had me cracking up at the image of your cat 😂
Miss A 04:56 PM 09-10-2015
New DCB-3 this week, and I already know this will be a tough one. He is aggressive! Cries for hours each morning after drop-off, hits and kicks everyone who goes near him, especially me. We had to designate a crying spot, and even still he screams forever! He threatens me and other children, says he will cut us, or shoot us dead. Ugh. Parents are both teachers, and neither one is concerned that he is that aggressive, just respond by telling me they will "talk" to him about speaking kindly. Also, does not pick up, and will dump toys that others are picking up, then when he faces a consequence, the aggression begins all over again! Ugh!
Controlled Chaos 08:42 PM 09-10-2015
This morning was absolutely lovely. A sort of "why I love this job" morning. But holy hell 3pm-5pm was this worst. Baby woke up with a 101 fever. 3yo who is normally lovely, whined non stop. I had to play phone tag with the health dep (I owed $11 on a background check for an assistant. I wrote the check for the amount on the form?!) New dcb2 is adjusting but is whiny after nap. My 22m old dd mimicked the noises of all the whiney from sick and grumpy kids and dcb3 was awful. He has some sensory issues (maybe? nothing diagnosed but in OT...last day is tomorrow THANK THE LORD) He had a melt down and threw toys at the sick infant, and was flailing about in a scary way. In moving dcb to his safe quiet spot he freaked out and I noticed later he had a small bruise where I had held him as he threw his body around. I felt beyond horrible. But all I did was carry him 8 feet across the room away from the other kids for safety. I wrote up an incident report and mom was not surprised at pick up...apparently this is the new norm ??? She says it happens at home all the time. She was my last pick up right at closing, and it took her 10 min to coax him out of my house. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? He never acts like that for me. It took everything in my not to lose my sh!t. Get him out of my house! ahhh his last day is tomorrow and I am so incredibly grateful. They allow him to walk all over them. Yes he may have a mild sensory issue BUT he follows directions great here all day. He would never hide under a table when I told him to walk to the door. woudn't happen. It makes me sad too. Like he is capable of worlds more than they think he is. He is 10% sensory disorder, perhaps 5% developmental delay, 60% awesome kid and 25%permissive parenting And that last bit is the WORST. hmmmmm deep breath...more wine time
Scribbles 06:37 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by a.lenz.girl:
New DCB-3 this week, and I already know this will be a tough one. He is aggressive! Cries for hours each morning after drop-off, hits and kicks everyone who goes near him, especially me. We had to designate a crying spot, and even still he screams forever! He threatens me and other children, says he will cut us, or shoot us dead. Ugh. Parents are both teachers, and neither one is concerned that he is that aggressive, just respond by telling me they will "talk" to him about speaking kindly. Also, does not pick up, and will dump toys that others are picking up, then when he faces a consequence, the aggression begins all over again! Ugh!
I would have termed him after the first attempt at physical aggression towards me. If I hadn't I would have termed the second he "threatened" others with those words AND because the parents aren't concerned. HUGE red flag in my opinion that his parents aren't concerned at all.
Miss A 10:21 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by Scribbles:
I would have termed him after the first attempt at physical aggression towards me. If I hadn't I would have termed the second he "threatened" others with those words AND because the parents aren't concerned. HUGE red flag in my opinion that his parents aren't concerned at all.
After the day I have had today, I am pretty sure I am terming tonight. When I served Breakfast, which DCB asked for, he said he did not want it, tried to stab me with a fork, and then repeatedly said to me "I will cut you". Then, at lunch, he told another child he was going to kill their mother. The ensuing emotional turmoil on the girls part was more then we needed at lunch. 4 more hours.
childcaremom 10:25 AM 09-11-2015
After the day I have had today, I am pretty sure I am terming tonight. When I served Breakfast, which DCB asked for, he said he did not want it, tried to stab me with a fork, and then repeatedly said to me "I will cut you". Then, at lunch, he told another child he was going to kill their mother. The ensuing emotional turmoil on the girls part was more then we needed at lunch. 4 more hours.
Oh my goodness. I would be calling for pick up NOW with an immediate term. That is out of control and not acceptable.

ETA: Ignoring the violence towards you..... (which I would not be overlooking and would term for right then and there)

If I was those girls parents, I would want reassurances that this child would not be around my children anymore. Sorry to say, but I would pull my kids if you were going to keep him there. That is way beyond acceptable and not something I would want my children (or any child) exposed to.
Annalee 10:27 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
Oh my goodness. I would be calling for pick up NOW with an immediate term. That is out of control and not acceptable.

Unregistered 10:53 AM 09-11-2015
He's getting that from somewhere, seriously not normal and scary. Yes you should term imo, and I would be specific in telling the parent about his behavior. Is his last name Menendez?
daycarediva 11:05 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:

ETA: Ignoring the violence towards you..... (which I would not be overlooking and would term for right then and there)

If I was those girls parents, I would want reassurances that this child would not be around my children anymore. Sorry to say, but I would pull my kids if you were going to keep him there. That is way beyond acceptable and not something I would want my children (or any child) exposed to.
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
He's getting that from somewhere, seriously not normal and scary. Yes you should term imo, and I would be specific in telling the parent about his behavior. Is his last name Menendez?

He is a HUGE liability. NONE of my clients would stay here if they heard/heard of/saw ANY of that.
Unregistered 11:10 AM 09-11-2015
I would NOT be waiting 4 more hours. Id be calling now.
His parents more than likely have the same protocol at school since that behavior is unacceptable in almost ALL school in the country. Sometimes police are involved. I surely hope they become concerned now.

I would also report this to your licensor now before you term so that you aren't blamed and so that it is on record so in case he does something worse in the future and his parents don't do anything to help him, there is some sort of documentation that they DID know his behavior was that bad and perhaps they will be held accountible then.
MsLisa 11:37 AM 09-11-2015
Originally Posted by Scribbles:
AGREE!
I had a 5yr old boy during the last 2 weeks of summer camp who told me every day that he hated me for no reason and would cry 95% of the time. He would suck his thumb, lay in the middle of the floor for no reason or would just walk around breaking other kids stuff. On the last day he gave me and my assistant the middle finger twice, knowing full well what it meant and with the most hate driven eyes I’ve ever seen. We wrote him up and when we told his dad the dad just laughs and goes "he does it to his mom all the time.". Five years old.....blew my mind.

Want to guess who called and wanted to sign up for Aftercare this past week......
Sorry, that isn't happening. Welcome to the "waiting list".
Miss A 11:40 AM 09-11-2015
I am terming. I know I can not put other children in this position, and I know that I can not do this any more emotionally. It is taking me away from the other children, and they do not deserve that. Thank God I have a waiting list!
spud912 09:58 AM 09-13-2015
Dcm just texted me on a Sunday morning asking if I can take dcb 1 1/2 hours early because one of their vehicles is being worked on. Yeah, so a 12 hour day, waking up way early, not being able to spend my usual one-on-one time with my daughter before she goes to school, having to wake up extra early. Not to mention dcb does terrible with lack of sleep and he already is my biggest headache (loud, obnoxious, defiant).

What ever happened to going into work later, or making adjustments instead of inconveniencing someone else's life?

I told her no of course. But she did ask if she can compensate for the time. I think that extra time is worth $75 to me (which is almost half their weekly rate). Do you think she would take it if I offered or would they be offended ?
TheGoodLife 12:51 PM 09-14-2015
Originally Posted by spud912:
Dcm just texted me on a Sunday morning asking if I can take dcb 1 1/2 hours early because one of their vehicles is being worked on. Yeah, so a 12 hour day, waking up way early, not being able to spend my usual one-on-one time with my daughter before she goes to school, having to wake up extra early. Not to mention dcb does terrible with lack of sleep and he already is my biggest headache (loud, obnoxious, defiant).

What ever happened to going into work later, or making adjustments instead of inconveniencing someone else's life?

I told her no of course. But she did ask if she can compensate for the time. I think that extra time is worth $75 to me (which is almost half their weekly rate). Do you think she would take it if I offered or would they be offended ?
What ended up happening today?
Controlled Chaos 03:18 PM 09-14-2015
You guys....I am pretty sure it has been 4:17 for like 5 hours...
mommyneedsadayoff 07:14 AM 09-15-2015
what a great Tuesday Hubby stayed up watching the football game (drinking beer) and comes in at midnight, loud as heck, wakes me up out of a deep sleep and proceeds to pass out and snore louder than ever! Cats keep me up the rest of the night and my daughter got up at 6:15 for some reason. Coffee!! Coffee!!
DaveA 04:43 AM 09-16-2015
2 pronged vent 1) 700 last night (2 hours after I've closed) 2 school age girls from the neighborhood show up wanting to play with s/a DCG. Apparently she told them on the bus to come over and play "anytime". OYE Not happening kids.

2) My license expired the end of August, but because once again our broke a@@ state can't get its stuff together and is in a de facto shutdown (again) my rep isn't returning email or answering the phone. To take part in Great START I have to be currently licensed. I can continue if I get a letter stating I'm in the relicensing process......from the same people who won't answer the phone or email.
finsup 05:16 AM 09-21-2015
*sigh* every kid came this morning coughing and snot dripping everywhere. Not to mention whiny, and being clingly for the hour they've been here. Everyone has an hour to pull it together or pick up calls will be made. Ugh...happy Monday!
ChelseaB 06:35 AM 09-21-2015
Well, it finally happened to me. My most problematic DCM with whom I finally made arrangements to correct the other issues (so she's more or less on daycare probation ) texted me at 6 AM to inform me she needed to drop off at 6:30. I don't open until 7. Needless to say, I did NOT respond until 6:25 when my alarm went off. And she got the not so happy response of "I do not open until 7, so you will have to give me time to get ready since I just woke up." She just began a new job, and she failed to inform me of her changed hourly needs. Hope she realizes that this doesn't change my time. So not doing this. Agh!
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
Well, it finally happened to me. My most problematic DCM with whom I finally made arrangements to correct the other issues (so she's more or less on daycare probation ) texted me at 6 AM to inform me she needed to drop off at 6:30. I don't open until 7. Needless to say, I did NOT respond until 6:25 when my alarm went off. And she got the not so happy response of "I do not open until 7, so you will have to give me time to get ready since I just woke up." She just began a new job, and she failed to inform me of her changed hourly needs. Hope she realizes that this doesn't change my time. So not doing this. Agh!
Ugh! So what time did you end up taking her?

Will you be adjusting your opening time to accommodate her new job hours?

I would have outright ignored her and would have put a sign on the door that said you are NOT open until 7:00 and that no one better be ringing your door bell until then.
ChelseaB 08:00 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ugh! So what time did you end up taking her?

Will you be adjusting your opening time to accommodate her new job hours?

I would have outright ignored her and would have put a sign on the door that said you are NOT open until 7:00 and that no one better be ringing your door bell until then.
I told her that I would accept DCG after I got up and got ready, which was about 6:45. So I did take her a little early as a courtesy. However, I established that I do not open until 7, and I certainly won't accept anymore circumstances like this morning where I was contacted 30 mins before an early drop off, unaware of her needs until I woke up. I don't mind 15 minutes here or there, but I DO expect the same courtesy of being asked. And if the early drop off is to become routine, she might be getting an extra fee...I bet 7 AM would be doable then!
MsLisa 06:38 AM 09-22-2015
So the parents who pay regular full price pay on time and some even pay ahead with no reminders.
Parents who applied and now receive a scholarship or CCIS....haven't paid at all.

I have all 4 families who owe between a measly $80 to up to $240, for the past 4 WEEKS worth of care....not a one has paid. I've told them to their face, I’ve made a giant sign before you even enter my room to remind them, and EVEN made a professional letter telling them their amount due/for what weeks and their "special" rate. Placed it firmly into their hands. NOTHING! WTF! I shouldn't have to chase down adults to do the one thing adults do most of their life.

I guess I have no other choice to deny their child come Monday. I don't know how much more clearer I have to make it. Who in their right mind thinks they can just drop off/pick up a kid every day and never have to pay?!
nanglgrl 06:44 AM 09-22-2015
So the parents who pay regular full price pay on time and some even pay ahead with no reminders.
Parents who applied and now receive a scholarship or CCIS....haven't paid at all.

I have all 4 families who owe between a measly $80 to up to $240, for the past 4 WEEKS worth of care....not a one has paid. I've told them to their face, I’ve made a giant sign before you even enter my room to remind them, and EVEN made a professional letter telling them their amount due/for what weeks and their "special" rate. Placed it firmly into their hands. NOTHING! WTF! I shouldn't have to chase down adults to do the one thing adults do most of their life.

I guess I have no other choice to deny their child come Monday. I don't know how much more clearer I have to make it. Who in their right mind thinks they can just drop off/pick up a kid every day and never have to pay?!
Why not today?
MsLisa 06:59 AM 09-22-2015
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Why not today?
Because most just got their CCIS received and their new "special rate" this past Friday (to which i nicely totalled for them on that nice letter) and I was being nice giving them until this Friday to pay.

But I have a hunch that they'll just keep right on not paying with some grand delusion that the CCIS pays all of it..... I hate this grant stuff already.
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 09-22-2015
Because most just got their CCIS received and their new "special rate" this past Friday (to which i nicely totalled for them on that nice letter) and I was being nice giving them until this Friday to pay.

But I have a hunch that they'll just keep right on not paying with some grand delusion that the CCIS pays all of it..... I hate this grant stuff already.
.....and that child care services will still be available despite the lack of payment.

NOTHING speaks louder to parents than denial of services if they have not paid. Usually you only need to do it once and it never happens again. But if you let it slide or make exceptions, you will always need to do the same and will be running in circles forever......
Play Care 07:25 AM 09-22-2015
The new boy in my care has a significant speech issue but clearly understands what he's hearing. He chooses not to listen and that is driving me nuts
He's constantly doing exactly what he's just been told not to.
Grrrr.
MsLisa 07:30 AM 09-22-2015
.....and that child care services will still be available despite the lack of payment.

NOTHING speaks louder to parents than denial of services if they have not paid. Usually you only need to do it once and it never happens again. But if you let it slide or make exceptions, you will always need to do the same and will be running in circles forever......
Ouch. Good point as always Blackcat. I don't want to be like my ex-boss who did nothing but that.
I think it annoys me more that these are adults. Like why is this even an issue?! You don't do this at the grocery store or Old Navy. Blows my mind.
They literally pay almost nothing for the cheapest care in the area...still can't make payments. I wish we never offered it.
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 09-22-2015
Ouch. Good point as always Blackcat. I don't want to be like my ex-boss who did nothing but that.
I think it annoys me more that these are adults. Like why is this even an issue?! You don't do this at the grocery store or Old Navy. Blows my mind.
Sadly over the last 5 years or so, I've spent more time parenting parents than I have children.

But if you want them to listen and follow directions then just like children you must have clear expectations and consequences that you actually follow through on. Words are nothing more than words. To most, words are like mosquitoes....annoying buzzes in the ear but if they actually sting, then they'll take more action.

I say give parents until Friday to pay as you already said... but make sure you BOLD/HIGHLIGHT that their child WILL be denied services if the balance is not paid by a set time Friday.

That way on Monday morning, you can contact those who haven't paid and remind them they have NO SERVICES and in order to restore services they must pay X amount BEFORE the child can return, not after.

Also charge a late fee and do NOT waive it.

I would also make a HUGE point of saying that you do have a wait list and anyone that fails to pay without a reminder 3X's in a 60-90 day period automatically forfeits their space. Then do it.

Actions speak FAR louder than words. People will NEVER change their behaviors until it becomes an issue for them and right now the only person any of this is an issue to is you. YOU have the power to change that though. If you need help/assistance in writing up any type of warning or notice letters/notes, please don't hesitate to ask me...I am always happy to help.
Play Care 07:38 AM 09-22-2015
The 4 yo dcg always has to,use the bathroom within a few minutes of getting outside. Now she is using it (BM ) but it's starting to get old. She has plenty of opportunity while we were inside to use it. Nothing like getting everyone out only to come back in.
Snowmom 07:18 AM 09-23-2015
Family vent:
Crazy SIL sends a birthday evite for her two kids (turning an equally crazy 5 and 8 yrs old this month).
Their party is being held at a local military fort and will consist of ARCHERY and "team building" exercises.

I'm sorry, but what?

That sounds cool for 15 year old, but no, I'm not bringing my over zealous 5 year old to shoot actual bows & arrows into a field where there are actual people.
I don't feel like going to jail for manslaughter anytime soon.

And eh hmm... all the other cousins in this family are 3-8 years old, how well with this end?
Controlled Chaos 07:39 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Family vent:
Crazy SIL sends a birthday evite for her two kids (turning an equally crazy 5 and 8 yrs old this month).
Their party is being held at a local military fort and will consist of ARCHERY and "team building" exercises.

I'm sorry, but what?

That sounds cool for 15 year old, but no, I'm not bringing my over zealous 5 year old to shoot actual bows & arrows into a field where there are actual people.

And eh hmm... all the other cousins in this family are 3-8 years old, how well with this end?

jgcp 09:46 AM 09-23-2015
Family vent:

I'm sorry, but what?

oh man i needed that laugh!!
auntymimi 10:04 AM 09-23-2015
They literally pay almost nothing for the cheapest care in the area...still can't make payments. I wish we never offered it.
Can you report them? We used to have this problem in my state too where subsidy clients would never pay their copay and essentially provider hop when they were termed for non payment. Now we can report them and they shut down all future services until the provider is payed in full.most parents don't want to lose their subsidy so they get it together pretty quickly now. Before it was a nightmare. Now my assistance clients are my most consistent when it comes to payment.
jgcp 10:07 AM 09-23-2015
I havn't had to get on here and vent in awhile which has been nice! BUUUT I have a family that started in Aug and oh man they are so weird!! First they ask me more then once if they can pay for two weeks at a time and everytime i have told them NO BIG DEAL THATS FINE, they have yet to actually do that? Then last fri ( they work for the school and get every other fri off early) dcd tells me ( dosnt ask) that they will pick up at 4 because their house is a mess and they needed to clean obviously they do not communicate because i told dcm i had a 3 pm appt ( but shouldnt have been a big deal cause they got done at 1) i just called dcm to tell her id just drop dcb off on my way, When i got there she was ASLEEP!!?? I dont watch your kid so you can nap!! Then Mon morn dcd shows for drop off at 730 ( contracted for 650) no text to let me know he will be late. then tue shows up at 630.... They need to get it together and soon!! Also yesterday dcb shows up with a swollen bug bite on leg and they wont give him any benedryl so they pick up for dr appt and dcm asks me to get a diaper bag ready for her ( She dosnt have one here but wanted me to let her use mine???) Also dr told them " just give him some benedryl" Dcm also lets me know how nannies are the way to go and are just the best thing ever as i stand staring at her blankly I guess that i need to explain to them that im NOT a nanny and they need to figure out their drop off and pick up times?
MsLisa 11:24 AM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by auntymimi:
Can you report them? We used to have this problem in my state too where subsidy clients would never pay their copay and essentially provider hop when they were termed for non payment. Now we can report them and they shut down all future services until the provider is payed in full.most parents don't want to lose their subsidy so they get it together pretty quickly now. Before it was a nightmare. Now my assistance clients are my most consistent when it comes to payment.
Funny you brought this up actually!
I was going through the kid's files, making sure they have all paperwork and removing the old outdated things. Come to find in 3 out of the 4 of the CCIS kids folders are letters of late payment notification & warnings of termination for outstanding balances. So this isn't their first time ignoring payments which really makes me mad. I don't think I should have to put up with it. I'm not playing this game with adults.
I hate confrontations and being held in this position, but come Monday....if I don't have those outstanding payment I will have no choice but to deny them in the morning or call them to pick up in the afternoon.

Sad thing is that I have 2 awesome parents signing up for the same grant and it takes a week to get their per week price, but they are more then willing to pay full price until then. I appreciate parents like that. THAT'S who the grant is for. Not the above parents who abuse it.
daycarediva 11:44 AM 09-23-2015
I got into an argument with dh over the kids sports of all things. BOTH younger ds's wanted to play a higher level/travel league team this year. It was $895 EACH for 12 weeks. (plus expensive supplies)

I found them sports programs that they are equally excited about- but are 1/3 that cost. (supplies included)

I think this area is RIDICULOUS with extra curriculars. ALL of my dcks are in AT LEAST one 'sport' (they are 18 MONTHS-4) One is in 4 and has something EVERY night. Their parents all talk about college scholarships. My own brother got a full ride scholarship, but he was beyond exceptional at his sport. These kids are barely getting play time. They aren't going to play MLB, NFL or NBA folks. Teach them to dress themselves first. HAHA!
Controlled Chaos 12:38 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I got into an argument with dh over the kids sports of all things. BOTH younger ds's wanted to play a higher level/travel league team this year. It was $895 EACH for 12 weeks. (plus expensive supplies)

I found them sports programs that they are equally excited about- but are 1/3 that cost. (supplies included)

I think this area is RIDICULOUS with extra curriculars. ALL of my dcks are in AT LEAST one 'sport' (they are 18 MONTHS-4) One is in 4 and has something EVERY night. Their parents all talk about college scholarships. My own brother got a full ride scholarship, but he was beyond exceptional at his sport. These kids are barely getting play time. They aren't going to play MLB, NFL or NBA folks. Teach them to dress themselves first. HAHA!

tehck_1013 10:47 PM 09-23-2015
So the grandmother of my dck's aged 2 and 7 picked up today. She was collecting their stuff and turned to ask me "No car seats?" I said "Uh, no, mom didn't leave them today." So she said "Okayyy.... I guess I'll be calling mom to see what the heck she wants me to do." and turns to leave, I said I have an extra one somewhere in the garage at least for little one... She said no it's okay I'll just call mom. So I thought maybe she would go to her car and then call and have her come by. But the next thing I know she's driving away! What the heck! The baby is only two years old and gma lives at least 15 to 20 minutes away.... If I had known she was gonna just drive away I would have kept them until mom got off work Unbelievable.
NillaWafers 01:43 PM 09-25-2015
My new 2yr old DCG has finally settled in, doesn't cry at drop off anymore or spend her entire day hanging out by the door. That's nice, however, she's decided that the best way to get her way is to break down in sobs crying "mama" for every correction I give her.

Here are the things she's sobbed "mama" for more than 5 minutes about:

I put her in timeout for putting her entire hand in butter on the counter (which she put in her mouth!! YUCK!)
For breaking books on my bookcase and scentsy bars
I took away her food that took 45 minutes for her to eat
I asked her to lay down on her mat
I took away the water bottle she had more than 5 minutes to drink from (at naptime no less)
I lectured her for stealing from the plates I was preparing for lunch
I told her not to destroy my board books
Anytime I take away a toy she stole from another kid
Telling her to go play while outside (she just wants to sit next to me)

There's more but I don't feel like writing it all. I know this is all "testing boundaries" and seeing how much I'll let her get away with (not much) but damn is it annoying and I hope she moves on from it soon.
childcaremom 01:56 PM 09-25-2015
This is my second vent about this dcg today

She has only been here 3 weeks and I've sent her home sick twice already. She came back today and mom told me she was fine yesterday. I call bs.

I was clear when I sent her home that she needed to have a full day at home happy and normal routine, eating, playing normally. Mom insisted that she had when she dropped her off.

She was miserable this morning. I put her down for an early nap and she woke up miserable. The last hour was unbearable.

Ugh. TGIF!
Miss A 02:30 PM 09-28-2015
Mondays are so rough. I have a 15MO DCB who will not nap on Mondays! He shouts, laughs, calls out to others, and cries when I lay him down. Today was made worse by dad not bringing him until after 10:30, when his usual drop off is 7:15. Then, dad u formed me that he was going back home, as he had the day off from work. Seriously? Ugh.
midaycare 02:33 PM 09-28-2015
Mondays are so rough. I have a 15MO DCB who will not nap on Mondays! He shouts, laughs, calls out to others, and cries when I lay him down. Today was made worse by dad not bringing him until after 10:30, when his usual drop off is 7:15. Then, dad u formed me that he was going back home, as he had the day off from work. Seriously? Ugh.
Sorry Some days are so much worse than others!
Bookworm 04:11 PM 09-28-2015
Is there anyway that we can have a Disney-style nap time? The kind where all of the kids are awakened by sweet little birdies wearing scarfs so they will all wake up happy and smiling. Then all of the happy little mice wearing vests will put away the cots while the lady birds change diapers. Sigh!
ChelseaB 06:57 AM 09-29-2015
This is more of a vent because there really isn't much more I can do, and I can't term due to needing the money. So I've just accepted it and will remain persistent to bettering the situation. However...

DCB (who is almost 2) comes off as a sweet-natured kid. However, he is really a bully (or at least trying to turn into one), and he is very "persistent" himself. He pinches, hits, bites, shoves, etc when he doesn't get his way. My DC area is in my living room, so he continually climbs onto the furniture and attempts to jump, bounce it crawl all over it, no matter how many times I correct him and remind him that the couch is for sitting etc and no matter how many times I remove him from it. As soon as I turn to attend to another child, he is back at it. He will grab toys from other children and attempts to hoard them since he has no intention on actually playing with them. He will climb onto the baby gates and do everything he can to pull them down, posing risks to himself and the other kids. Grabs the curtains and tries to twirl them or swing on them. When we go outside, he sometimes attempts to take off (my yard isn't fenced, but it's big enough that we have room), and I'll immediately pick him up and sit him down at the picnic table with me. If he continues, then we are forced to retreat inside for the remainder of the day. At meal times, he always throws his food onto the floor and has started a couple of the other kids at it too. I immediately remove the food from him and take it as a sign that he is not hungry. But even with that and more reminders that we don't throw food, the next meal is the same. And let's not forget that he also shows aggression toward my cats by smacking at them (they have free roam of the house but generally avoid the DCK).

Yeah, I reread that and realize just how bad it sounds. However, he is one of my full timers, and his mother is awesome to work with. She is a great parent, a role model that other DC parents could learn from. Plus, I'm having difficulty filling one of my openings due to the time of year and my area goes through hot and cold spurts of needing DC. However, she is a teacher, so I won't have him come summer. And I'm certain she isn't considering paying to hold his spot, so I'm seriously considering taking that time to replace him. Ughhhh...sorry y'all, I realistically know what I need to do, but unless he gets even worse, I'm going to have to make him my shadow.

**sigh**

Thanks for taking the time to read, I just had to get that out. This kid seriously stresses me out. Lol.
MsLisa 06:58 AM 09-29-2015
My only assistant called off this morning AGAIN....complaining she was "exhausted" from "studying" all night. Yeah, enjoy your sleep princess.....

MEANWHILE, I get there EVERY DAY at 6:30am on the dot, WITH my own 8yr old ready to go. Get 4 more kids right off the bat and do all the needed paperwork for the day while simultaneously interacting with the before-care kids. By myself. No problem.
She normally wanders in anywhere between 7:10 - 7:20am (scheduled for 7am mind you). Sits in one of the bean bag chairs, barely interact with kids, telling me her life problems while simultaneously surfing her phone. If it weren't for the early buses in the afternoon that come when I go to pick up my daughter, I would do the whole damn thing myself.

I have only ever taken 2 days off, a funeral and stomach bug. She has taken off numerous of mornings for various reasons and I even let her leave early for stupid s**t like concerts or dinners. I'm so tired of 20-something dipsh*ts.
Blackcat31 07:05 AM 09-29-2015
This is more of a vent because there really isn't much more I can do, and I can't term due to needing the money. So I've just accepted it and will remain persistent to bettering the situation. However...

DCB (who is almost 2) comes off as a sweet-natured kid. However, he is really a bully (or at least trying to turn into one), and he is very "persistent" himself. He pinches, hits, bites, shoves, etc when he doesn't get his way. My DC area is in my living room, so he continually climbs onto the furniture and attempts to jump, bounce it crawl all over it, no matter how many times I correct him and remind him that the couch is for sitting etc and no matter how many times I remove him from it. As soon as I turn to attend to another child, he is back at it. He will grab toys from other children and attempts to hoard them since he has no intention on actually playing with them. He will climb onto the baby gates and do everything he can to pull them down, posing risks to himself and the other kids. Grabs the curtains and tries to twirl them or swing on them. When we go outside, he sometimes attempts to take off (my yard isn't fenced, but it's big enough that we have room), and I'll immediately pick him up and sit him down at the picnic table with me. If he continues, then we are forced to retreat inside for the remainder of the day. At meal times, he always throws his food onto the floor and has started a couple of the other kids at it too. I immediately remove the food from him and take it as a sign that he is not hungry. But even with that and more reminders that we don't throw food, the next meal is the same. And let's not forget that he also shows aggression toward my cats by smacking at them (they have free roam of the house but generally avoid the DCK).

Yeah, I reread that and realize just how bad it sounds. However, he is one of my full timers, and his mother is awesome to work with. She is a great parent, a role model that other DC parents could learn from. Plus, I'm having difficulty filling one of my openings due to the time of year and my area goes through hot and cold spurts of needing DC. However, she is a teacher, so I won't have him come summer. And I'm certain she isn't considering paying to hold his spot, so I'm seriously considering taking that time to replace him. Ughhhh...sorry y'all, I realistically know what I need to do, but unless he gets even worse, I'm going to have to make him my shadow.

**sigh**

Thanks for taking the time to read, I just had to get that out. This kid seriously stresses me out. Lol.

I know you said you can't term and I fully understand that but honestly that kid would stress me out too and part of me thinks maybe the solution lies somewhere you didn't think about looking...

Mom.

You said she is a model daycare client and a great parent but I have to ask, if she is such a great parent why is her kid such a bully? ....and that is what he is doing. I'm sorry but if the things he does at your house were strictly managed at home, I am betting he would not behave that way at your house and if he did or tried, mom should have the answer as to how to stop it then. kwim?

I would start there (mom) and have her find a solution that works before he harms someone else (or himself).

I would also have that kid be my shadow everyday. As for throwing food. Serve him one bite at a time. Have him "earn" the right to have more than one bite at a time served to him by showing you good table manners.
ChelseaB 07:18 AM 09-29-2015

I know you said you can't term and I fully understand that but honestly that kid would stress me out too and part of me thinks maybe the solution lies somewhere you didn't think about looking...

Mom.

You said she is a model daycare client and a great parent but I have to ask, if she is such a great parent why is her kid such a bully? ....and that is what he is doing. I'm sorry but if the things he does at your house were strictly managed at home, I am betting he would not behave that way at your house and if he did or tried, mom should have the answer as to how to stop it then. kwim?

I would start there (mom) and have her find a solution that works before he harms someone else (or himself).

I would also have that kid be my shadow everyday. As for throwing food. Serve him one bite at a time. Have him "earn" the right to have more than one bite at a time served to him by showing you good table manners.
You're right, BC, I have a feeling that the answer does lie with mom. He has an older SA brother at home, and she has admitted that they rough house, although she has claimed that she has been stopping it. So his aggression probably lies with how he plays with his older brother and carrying that over here. Mom is super nice too, so I have a feeling that he is bulldozing over her in a sense. As for the food, I will have to try that, my fried brain didn't register taking it back to the basics with one bite at a time! So perhaps that should help with that!

One detail I forgot to mention is that he is a referral by a provider friend, and I've had him since school 2 weeks before school started (so the beginning of August). His previous provider moved during the summer, and her new home is inconveniently located for them to continue care with her...although I'm beginning to question if that's the full story. Lol. He has adjusted quickly here, he just doesn't listen... But thank you again BC, I will have to try your advice and see if it helps!!!
ChelseaB 07:21 AM 09-29-2015
My only assistant called off this morning AGAIN....complaining she was "exhausted" from "studying" all night. Yeah, enjoy your sleep princess.....

MEANWHILE, I get there EVERY DAY at 6:30am on the dot, WITH my own 8yr old ready to go. Get 4 more kids right off the bat and do all the needed paperwork for the day while simultaneously interacting with the before-care kids. By myself. No problem.
She normally wanders in anywhere between 7:10 - 7:20am (scheduled for 7am mind you). Sits in one of the bean bag chairs, barely interact with kids, telling me her life problems while simultaneously surfing her phone. If it weren't for the early buses in the afternoon that come when I go to pick up my daughter, I would do the whole damn thing myself.

I have only ever taken 2 days off, a funeral and stomach bug. She has taken off numerous of mornings for various reasons and I even let her leave early for stupid s**t like concerts or dinners. I'm so tired of 20-something dipsh*ts.
Good grief, Lady! I'd be ticked if I were in your shoes! Honestly, I'd be firing her and finding someone who actually performed the duties they are being paid to do! No reason for all that, and she's obviously taking advantage of you. At least put her on "probation" and force her to improve her performance or risk losing her job!
Febby 03:45 PM 09-29-2015
Good grief, Lady! I'd be ticked if I were in your shoes! Honestly, I'd be firing her and finding someone who actually performed the duties they are being paid to do! No reason for all that, and she's obviously taking advantage of you. At least put her on "probation" and force her to improve her performance or risk losing her job!
This.

My center would have fired me the first time they saw my phone. Or the first time I was late without a solid reason. Or if I ever called in because I was exhausted from studying.
Sunshine74 09:25 PM 09-29-2015
Warning, this may be long.

Today was one of those days where things couldn't have gone much worse. The roof leaked overnight, and water got in the phone/internet box. Biggest problem with that is our fire alarm is connected to an alarm company who automatically alerts the fire dept when the alarm goes off. With not phone line, we were not connected to the alarm company and the alarm box beeps a high pitched beep once every 5 seconds until it is reconnected. It can be silenced, but nothing we did worked to silence it. So my director was in a horrible mood and biting everyone's (staff) heads off.

Then in our classroom, the kids were wound up because we've been stuck inside for two days. Several of them got up on the wrong side of their beds and it was tantrum city all morning. Our (very) challenging dcg was on a roll today, she needed a teacher basically one on one for much of the day. We thought things would turn around after nap, but dcb woke up in the middle of nap and decided he wanted to go home. When he was told it wasn't time yet, he threw a fit, pushed the teacher away from him when she was trying to console him, and ended up waking up a few of the other kids almost an hour before we usually get up. Including challenging dcg. Which made the afternoon pretty much as bad as the morning.

Then at the end of the day, I had to go talk to the staff member who dispenses medication in another room, and I took our challenging dcg with me so that 1- the other teacher in my room woudn't be out of ratio, and 2- because dcg was on the warpath. The staff member I went to talk to asked me if dcg needed anything and I said, "No, I just can't leave her in the room right now, she's on a roll." And dcd was standing right behind me.

Sigh. Tomorrow is another day.
Gemma 07:37 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by boomer00:
I am new to the Daycare.com forum and I am so happy to have somewhere to go to vent besides a few great friends and my husband.

What to do when you have a child that is 5 years old and thinks it is okay to call his mom by her first name. She allows this! It drives me nuts sometimes I don't realize what he is talking about because he has used her first name. He is really rude and seems to rule the roost at home no manners no boundaries and just talks to me like I am not important and that I have no right to tell him how things are done at my house! Very frustrating!
It wouldn't bother me that he calls his mom by her name, I'd be more concerned about the rudeness, and most likely Terminate!

OT am I the only one seeing only half of board?
MyAngels 08:18 AM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by Gemma:
It wouldn't bother me that he calls his mom by her name, I'd be more concerned about the rudeness, and most likely Terminate!

OT am I the only one seeing only half of board?
Not sure what's going on with your device or the board, but did you realize that the post you were responding to was posted in 2012? Must be something wonky going on . Maybe contact Michael or BC.
Miss A 08:33 AM 10-01-2015
I have been dealing with families not dressing their kids appropriately this week. On Sunday, we had a high of 81, and on Monday fall temps hit, and we have had 40's in the AM, and high 50's or low 60's in the afternoon. We play outside upwards of 3 hours per day, both in the AM and after nap and afternoon snack. One family in particular dresses their son for summer, and sends no jacket, socks, or shoes. So, I talked to them, and they sent him in a LS tee, socks, and crocs. Yesterday he was cold, and spent much of our outdoor time on my lap wrapped in a blanket. Talked to DCD again, said DCB must have a coat to come here. Well, he listened today, sweatshirt and coat, socks up to his knees. The kicker? DCD lost one of his shoes, and apparently they onlynown one pair. DCD said he can play outside barefoot. SMH. Notes are going home tonight, and this time I mean business!
Play Care 09:25 AM 10-01-2015
I make these peanut butter oatmeal energy balls that the kids love. Yesterday I decided to try a different recipe for chocolate ones - with a black bean base.

First, they looked like balls of poo rolled up.
Second they tasted awful - mushy and blah. Even I couldn't eat them. The kids were grossed out and I don't blame them.
Into the garbage they went.
Rockgirl 11:24 AM 10-01-2015
I make these peanut butter oatmeal energy balls that the kids love. Yesterday I decided to try a different recipe for chocolate ones - with a black bean base.

First, they looked like balls of poo rolled up.
Second they tasted awful - mushy and blah. Even I couldn't eat them. The kids were grossed out and I don't blame them.
Into the garbage they went.
Lol on the 'balls of poo'

Would you mind sharing the recipe for the PB one? Maybe in the menus forum, or pm me? Thanks!
Controlled Chaos 11:48 AM 10-01-2015
And may the rainbow colored snot of fall commence!

Seriously, so gross I am sending home my illness policy reminder along with a bottle of hand sanitizer today...perfect timing

It is making the terming of a family I enjoy easier. Their kids have has nasty noses more days than not for the whole 6 months they have been here. Not the sweet little boys fault but incredibly nasty non the less.
Play Care 01:58 PM 10-01-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Lol on the 'balls of poo'

Would you mind sharing the recipe for the PB one? Maybe in the menus forum, or pm me? Thanks!
I'll post it in the menus section.
mommyneedsadayoff 01:18 PM 10-02-2015
Dcm who got laid off last Friday and then asked for leniency with her required two weeks notice is bugging the crap out of me. First she said that Friday was the last day. Then when she realized she still had to pay for the next two weeks, says she may bring her to get stuff done. Decides to come yesterday and today (Friday of all days) and dcg has been here longer than she ever was before. She said she was gonna pick up early today and just text me that she will be here 45 minutes longer than she usually is. I think someone got a taste of staying home with her kid all week and needs a break already! I cannot wait to be done...I need a nap!
spedmommy4 03:58 PM 10-03-2015
I don't think I have ever been more ticked off at a family. I gave a family a two week notice 8 days ago. The child engages in severe behaviors, and to boot, he gave up naps this week. Plus, this week was his worst ever. My assistant almost quit.

The parents knew it was shaping up to be a hard week showed up past closing time Thursday and Friday. I gave them all dcbs stuff and handed them an immediate term. Unsafe behavior policy violations. No way!

And I got a lovely email today. Grrr!!! I worked SO hard with this child. And took the high road in my response.
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 10-04-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
I don't think I have ever been more ticked off at a family. I gave a family a two week notice 8 days ago. The child engages in severe behaviors, and to boot, he gave up naps this week. Plus, this week was his worst ever. My assistant almost quit.

The parents knew it was shaping up to be a hard week showed up past closing time Thursday and Friday. I gave them all dcbs stuff and handed them an immediate term. Unsafe behavior policy violations. No way!

And I got a lovely email today. Grrr!!! I worked SO hard with this child. And took the high road in my response.
I'm sorry.

It is especially hard when it's a family you "thought" understood or a family that should have seen it coming.

Even though they probably know you are spot on about your reasons for needing to terminate and the fact that you were more or less painted into a corner (by their unwillingness to help their own child) they are still mad.

Obviously they need to take it out on someone and you seem to be the easiest target. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.

spedmommy4 06:51 PM 10-04-2015
I'm sorry.

It is especially hard when it's a family you "thought" understood or a family that should have seen it coming.

Even though they probably know you are spot on about your reasons for needing to terminate and the fact that you were more or less painted into a corner (by their unwillingness to help their own child) they are still mad.

Obviously they need to take it out on someone and you seem to be the easiest target. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that.

Thanks BC. I think this is one of those situations where the parents are going to have to see him get kicked out of 5 more preschools before they realize I was doing one heck of a job. I just needed them on board.

I've learned my lesson. I would never let it drag on this long again.
Indoorvoice 04:40 AM 10-05-2015
It's Monday morning and I open at 7. I get a text at 6:53 saying "we're running early, is that OK?" why? Why would you go through the effort of texting me a mere 7 minutes early and not just wait until my opening time? People are so rude. No its never ok, but ESPECIALLY not on Monday!
Blackcat31 07:09 AM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
It's Monday morning and I open at 7. I get a text at 6:53 saying "we're running early, is that OK?" why? Why would you go through the effort of texting me a mere 7 minutes early and not just wait until my opening time? People are so rude. No its never ok, but ESPECIALLY not on Monday!
Text them right before they are scheduled to pick up and say "I'm running a little early today so I'd like to get on with my evening plans so I will be closing 7 minutes early today. See you then!"

Agree. People can be so rude/inconsiderate.
renodeb 10:27 AM 10-05-2015
Michael,
I didn't know how to send out a message but I think there may be something wrong with the site. Whenever I click on Daycare forum from the home page I get a blank page or it sends me to the private member link. It wont let me go to the providers forum. it gives me a sequence of weird letters and numbers.
Not sure what can be done.
Thanks, Debbie
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 10-05-2015
Originally Posted by renodeb:
Michael,
I didn't know how to send out a message but I think there may be something wrong with the site. Whenever I click on Daycare forum from the home page I get a blank page or it sends me to the private member link. It wont let me go to the providers forum. it gives me a sequence of weird letters and numbers.
Not sure what can be done.
Thanks, Debbie
There are several others having similar issues.

I reported what I know to Michael. Hopefully, there is something he can do.
childcaremom 09:28 AM 10-07-2015
Maybe I was spoiled with my last group but they were all SUPER nappers. Went to bed almost immediately, slept, and woke up.... happy!

This group I am lucky if they nap for 30 mins. They all scream themselves to sleep and then scream the minute they wake up. Then are..... cranky for the rest of the day.

Gah! It's madness.
MsLisa 11:16 AM 10-07-2015
My branch manager keeps telling me to "introduce myself" to the new childcare boss. Maybe i'm still bitter about everything, but unless she steps actual foot in my "thunder-dome", I'm not going out of my way to do so. She comes in when we're leaving for the morning and is gone by the time I get there in the afternoon. If she is there when I'm there, she's in her office.
I already don't see her being anything important as she's this 24yr old overly well dressed blonde who looks like she never took care of a kid in her life and merely has a bachelors in something, Unless she comes and interacts with these kids and shows interest, like my ex-boss did....I don't personally care. My ex-boss had a little boy, so he knew what it was like to be a parent. He also came in my room and took the kids to the gym, played Just Dance on the Wii, and taught them card games. He bonded with the kids. (Even though he turned into a butt in the end). I don't see her doing ANY of this.

I'm just happy I don't have to deal with payments any more and my job is back to normal.
Miss A 01:54 PM 10-07-2015
For some reason, Wednesdays are always Terrible hers. Always. Today is no different. Kids who play well together the other 4 days always fight, no is always short because they fight it, then they wake up crabby and impatient.thank god there is only 1.5 hours left of this day, and tomorrow is a short day. Family wedding on Friday means a long weekend for me!
ChelseaB 07:20 AM 10-08-2015
A fellow provider in my area had to go out of town for a long weekend. I was referred to for back up care for one of her families those 3 days while she is away. The family's daughter is 1 and an absolute sweetheart and joy. The parents (well, I'll say the DCD more so) are VERY "clingy" as this is their first child.

Well, to keep it short, during pick up and drop off, I have gotten the impression that DCD is not super impressed with me. However, he is typically one of the first to drop off (so I'm still sitting drinking my coffee), and he picks up at the end of nap time (while I'm sitting in the room monitoring my kids with the tv playing quietly). It's more the remarks he's made during these times...sounding very much like he's questioning what I'm doing. The final straw was this morning at drop off when I greeted DCG and casually mentioned to her that she was back at the new place. He responded with, "just until the end of this week! Then other DCP will be back!" I have no idea what he expects since he doesn't witness our activities, but it seriously rubs me the wrong way. Grr. If he feels that strongly, I just may never have room when you need me in the future. Mom isn't that bad, I sent her pics and updates through the day yesterday, and she must have shared them with him. I guess he thinks my in-home care doesn't supply the curriculum he approves of for his 1-year old...playing and interacting and reading with healthy meals and naps just isn't good enough.
Play Care 10:54 AM 10-09-2015
I just need this day to be over. Now.
SilverSabre25 11:26 AM 10-09-2015
Dude. I was JUST coming in here to say something very similar. I'm so cranky today...
daycarediva 11:30 AM 10-09-2015
I was JUST going to say this.

Dcb came in with a red spot on his face. I asked him how he got it, and he said he didn't know. That progressed to his whole face breaking out in hives. I called for pickup. Mom is NOT working today and gave me grief. She got here and was SO SHOCKED (pictures didn't do it justice). I JUST stopped responding to her texts. It MUST be from my house because it got worse here. What's different, what did he touch, etc. It's FRIDAY, it was there WHEN he came in and I had noted it in my paperwork. She took him to the dr, he said allergic reaction to something, she is giving him benadryl, etc.

New daycare parents aren't going to be here Monday. One shorted my pay, only it's my only sibling set of clients, so it's 2 kids worth of pay. Um, NO.

Dcg leaving has been a TERROR.

Dcb brought in a bootleg copy of a kids movie (because it's raining?)

The toddler is WHINING NON STOP.

etc etc.

So over today.
Play Care 12:30 PM 10-09-2015
So glad I'm not the only one! Most of my issues have nothing to do with the dck's (the little ones anyway!)
Thankfully I have mostly teachers so I'm off Monday with pay.
hope 01:18 PM 10-09-2015
I am a grump too. It has been a long day of "excuse me" "excuse me" every two seconds. I agreed to watch one dcg till 6 today and have to then go grocery shopping with my two kids who do not like the grocery store. DH is working late (has all week) and working most of the weekend. I can't wait till sunday so i can have maybe 10 minutes quietly to myself.
Play Care 11:25 AM 10-14-2015
Almost 3 yo DCB comes wearing a pull up today.

Only found out after I caught him in the act of using it as a toilet

Tried to have him sit on the potty only to have him try to get off.

Back in diapers you go, buddy.
SilverSabre25 01:44 PM 10-14-2015
Just a few hours, they said. Pick up by three, they said.

Ha. Fortunately I know better. It's 4:45, no sign of pick up.
Snowmom 07:04 AM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Just a few hours, they said. Pick up by three, they said.

Ha. Fortunately I know better. It's 4:45, no sign of pick up.
Lol. Love that.
It just happened to me yesterday.
"Oh, they get up from nap at 3, right? I'll need to pick dcb up probably right after he wakes up"

"Probably" meant 4:30.
Rockgirl 07:51 AM 10-15-2015
Lol. Love that.
It just happened to me yesterday.
"Oh, they get up from nap at 3, right? I'll need to pick dcb up probably right after he wakes up"

"Probably" meant 4:30.
Like the ones picking up for a doctor's appt. "His appointment is at 3:00, so I'll pick him up at 2:30." In reality, they pick up at 2:57.
mommyneedsadayoff 08:07 AM 10-15-2015
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Like the ones picking up for a doctor's appt. "His appointment is at 3:00, so I'll pick him up at 2:30." In reality, they pick up at 2:57.
Ha! Just happened to me. Dcg has gymnastics one day a week. "Have her ready to go at 4:30!" dcg is ready to go and waiting patiently. Mom pulls in drive at 4:55.
Play Care 10:43 AM 10-15-2015
I feel as though I spend the whole day cleaning and picking up, and my house is always trashed. I am over it.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34  ... Last
Reply Up