Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I grew a backbone!
momofboys 03:04 AM 03-03-2011
I only care for 1 DCF & for the most part they are great! They have tried to bend some of my rules lately & I am so proud that I stood up for myself today. DCD arrived this AM with both kids in tow (SA child & preschooler) with the statement that SA child was not contagious but not well enough to be at school! Not sure why he would think I could care for a sick child. the child has no fever but has a nasty cough/cold. I said well we will be going to XYZ place to play. . . can she do that? If she needs to rest & isn't well enough to be at school she needs to stay home I said my services did not include caring for an ill child. I don't think dad was super happy but I am not a nurse maid to other people's kids. Not well enough for school, not well enough for daycare! Did I do the right thing? I am afraid they will be upset but I hate feeling taken advantage of.

I forgot to mention that he left with her. Not sure if he went home or called grandma or what. Guess I will find out at pick-up.
GG~DAYCARE 03:37 AM 03-03-2011
I have had to do that before. I am happy you stuck to your rules!!!!! You did the right thing!!
momofboys 03:44 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by GG~DAYCARE:
I have had to do that before. I am happy you stuck to your rules!!!!! You did the right thing!!
Thanks! I am afraid there may be backlash but hopefully not.
Cat Herder 03:51 AM 03-03-2011
Good for you!!

I am still shocked that they even expected you the keep a sick SA to begin with... And just showed up with an extra kid????

I would have had the face the whole time and said something to the effect of "You want what????"
squareone 04:46 AM 03-03-2011
You did the right thing and way to go for sticking to your rules. I have a too sick for school means too sick for daycare clause in my in my contract. If you don't already, you should consider adding it. Just in case he (or another parent) tries to challenge it.
momofboys 05:15 AM 03-03-2011
I used to WOH when my older kids were younger & I can't imagine dumping them on the DCP saying they are too sick for school but they can stay with you. WTH?!? I guess what bothered me more than him bringing her was the assumption, he did not ask, that she could stay with me all day. He basically told me she would be staying here with me all day without asking my opinion on the matter! Uh NOT
Lilbutterflie 05:56 AM 03-03-2011
This was on another thread maybe 6 months ago or so...

Good job sticking to your guns!! That would irritate me to no end.
momatheart 05:57 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
I only care for 1 DCF & for the most part they are great! They have tried to bend some of my rules lately & I am so proud that I stood up for myself today. DCD arrived this AM with both kids in tow (SA child & preschooler) with the statement that SA child was not contagious but not well enough to be at school! Not sure why he would think I could care for a sick child. the child has no fever but has a nasty cough/cold. I said well we will be going to XYZ place to play. . . can she do that? If she needs to rest & isn't well enough to be at school she needs to stay home I said my services did not include caring for an ill child. I don't think dad was super happy but I am not a nurse maid to other people's kids. Not well enough for school, not well enough for daycare! Did I do the right thing? I am afraid they will be upset but I hate feeling taken advantage of.

I forgot to mention that he left with her. Not sure if he went home or called grandma or what. Guess I will find out at pick-up.
Great JOB! You did the right thing. Now the next time it will be easier and if another issue comes up you backbone will come back. It is always the first time that we use that backbone that is the toughest.
jen 06:05 AM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:

LOL...since when have bad colds NOT been contagious! Good for you!
Reply Up