Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Your Name And Why?
dave4him 09:22 PM 10-16-2011
Just curious what the name of your daycare is and what made you pick that name. Mine is Doodle Bug daycare. My wife picked it for one main reason being since she didnt like any of options i chose with my name in the title... but also we call our kids doodle bugs all the time anyway. So it fits well. I like it
AnneCordelia 03:10 AM 10-17-2011
Mine is "Emily's Child Care".

I wanted something simple and easy to remember, not gimicky or at all cutesy, and something that didn't label the children I take on in my daycare ("Melanie's Munchkins" is an example of this).
Rachel 03:51 AM 10-17-2011
I'm like Emily.

Mine is just "Rache's Mishpachton (at home daycare)"
dave4him 04:08 AM 10-17-2011
She didnt think women would give me a second look if i had my name in the title would you
LittleCrawfishCC 04:19 AM 10-17-2011
I am Danyel :-)

Mine is Little Crawfish Childcare.....My husband always calls me crawfish *Because when we were dating, I was putting lotion on, and from the light I looked bright red! I freaked out, and thats when my husband started it, and its been 4 years, and still sticks with everyone we know lol* and that is how we came up with it....Everyone seems to love it lol and the story, lol
DBug 04:21 AM 10-17-2011
Just a heads up -- I'm Doodle Bugs too , but in Canada. There's a big chain in the States by the same name too. A few parents have actually asked if I'm affiliated with them, because they come across it when googling my daycare name (I'm doodlebugs.tk & doodlebugsdaycare.ca, they're doodlebugs.com).

Just something to keep in mind in case you decide to set up a web presence .
mismatchedsocks 05:32 AM 10-17-2011
Lil' Rugrats

Came up with it years ago, wont change it but wish I would have had a theme then. My theme for last 10 years is monkeys so I would have liked to have something with that in title. BUT i am known for Lil rugrats, so it will stick.
Ariana 05:51 AM 10-17-2011
"Play To Learn Homecare" is our name. I wanted a non-cutesy name as well that reflected my philosophy.
GretasLittleFriends 06:54 AM 10-17-2011
Mine is Greta's Little Friends Daycare. I wasn't feeling too creative when my licensor told me I had to come up with a name.
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Mine is Greta's Little Friends Daycare. I wasn't feeling too creative when my licensor told me I had to come up with a name.
She told you you HAD to come up with a name?

I have never had a name and have never been asked to have one.

I wonder if your licensor just figured it would be nice.

It is definitley NOT a requirement in Minnesota.
graham.shellbell 07:44 AM 10-17-2011
Toddle Tots...my teenage daughters came up with it.
morgan24 07:51 AM 10-17-2011
Mine is Morgans Kids. I didn't really name it someone years ago called me that and it stuck.
familyschoolcare 07:56 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
I was told that as far as the lic agency was concerned my full name was the name of my day care.
familyschoolcare 07:58 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
She didnt think women would give me a second look if i had my name in the title would you
I would if I was looking for my son or my son and daughter. However, I would think twice if I was looking for just my daughter esp. when she was younger (like under 5)
familyschoolcare 07:59 AM 10-17-2011
I use my name also ***** Child Care, sometime depending on where advertising I place the word Christian in their and it is on my bussines card and on the auto sign for my E-mail ***** Christian Child Care.
MNMum 08:41 AM 10-17-2011
The Complete Child, LLC. I wasn't in a cutesy mood either. Anyone else file for a LLC?
Childminder 09:49 AM 10-17-2011
The Childminder. I was researching ancestors the same time as setting up my daycare and most were in England. That is what they call a provider across the big pond.
JennyBear 10:08 AM 10-17-2011
My daycare is called "Jenny Bear's Childcare". I could not think of a name for weeks!! so finally my husband suggested this name. My mom used to call me Jenny Bear when I was little and that's how the name came
hoopinglady 10:16 AM 10-17-2011
Kaleidoscope...because I just liked it.

I was formerly Starblossoms but the consensus from friends and family was that was too "hippie dippy". I used it with my previous business 10 years ago and just really like the idea of blossoming and shining stars and whatnot. lol

Kaleidoscope translates "observer of beauty" so that's pretty cool. It also makes me think of diversity...
lil angels 10:23 AM 10-17-2011
My name is Angie and mine is called angies 'lil angels. My husband thought of it I am terrible at things like that.
rbmom 11:02 AM 10-17-2011
Mine is Kids Corner. When I first started I used Laura's Kids Corner. When I moved daycare locations and changed license I dropped my name.
Unregistered 11:29 AM 10-17-2011
Mine is Small Steps Childcare because I had this adorable picture of my infant sons feet and wanted to use that as my logo so it had to do with feet or steps and small steps stuck.
2ndFamilyDC 06:33 AM 10-18-2011
Second Family Daycare............because that is what I am to the family, like a 2nd family to them.
MarinaVanessa 09:12 AM 10-18-2011
Mine is Helping Hands Childcare because I like to work with parents and think of myself as their helping hand in raising their children. I want them to feel comfortable when leaving their children in my care and it makes it easier if they can feel like we are a team. My whole family gets involved and lends a hand. My DH does building and wood activities with them, my mom reads stories and helps cook and gets called "Grandma" by all of the DCK's, and my sister comes in every week and does special arts and craft projects with them.

I'm also real big here on manners and such so the name also has to do with me helping the littles become helping hands themselves. I guide the kids to be helpful and constructive with their hands. They help with clean up and help each other with tasks etc. even the 2 yo's. They like to cooperate with each other. The 3 and 4 year olds help the 1 and 2 year olds etc. It's my pride and joy That's why I made the logo that I have, it's my hand and all of the littles's hands.
Tags:daycare name
Reply Up