Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do Kids Even Function!?!
jessrlee 03:55 AM 12-09-2013
Oh my goodness! I had a poptart for breakfast this morning! I haven't had one since I was a kid so.... 20 years or so ago. I seriously feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin! I feel so bad for the kiddos that feel like this every morning! I'm NOT looking forward to my 10am sugar crash!

PS NO idea what possessed me to buy poptarts. I walked by, they were on sale, I thought "hmmm, We haven't had these in forever"
Lianne 04:23 AM 12-09-2013
I get a hankering for Poptarts about once a year. Like you, they're usually on sale and I think, "Why not?" I usually eat them as a snack but the result is the same as you had, even later in the day.
jessrlee 04:33 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I get a hankering for Poptarts about once a year. Like you, they're usually on sale and I think, "Why not?" I usually eat them as a snack but the result is the same as you had, even later in the day.
I'm totally hiding them from DD. She has enough energy without a boatload of sugar! I'm sure her teachers will thank me
Maggie 05:06 AM 12-09-2013
I ate a poptart before bed one night last week, fell asleep as usual at like 9 woke up at 10:30 and was wide awake the rest of the night. Never again!
jessrlee 05:24 AM 12-09-2013
Yeah, I'm glad I had one for breakfast instead of later tonight!

Originally Posted by Maggie:
I ate a poptart before bed one night last week, fell asleep as usual at like 9 woke up at 10:30 and was wide awake the rest of the night. Never again!

Blackcat31 06:44 AM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Lianne:
I've done this before too....

I'm usually pretty regretful later.

Of course, now they make a peanut butter kind that seriously tastes just like peanut butter cookies.

It takes everything in me to NOT walk down that aisle in the grocery store.

I peanut butter!
Reply Up