Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Hope.....
Meeko 01:07 PM 10-12-2011
No hope for some of these poor kids.....

I've vented before about the six siblings I tend. Mom arrives at 615AM this morning yelling into her phone in the driveway at the current dad/boyfriend. When I found out why, I kinda understood...but really lady...neighbors are sleeping.....

Turns out the older kids ratted him out. He took them to the store last night, bought himself a six pack of beer and proceeded to drink while driving the kids around!

His response? "It was only two. I was driving fine. What's the big deal?" Big deal is he's has two previous DUI's.

Now this guy is a waste of space anyway (think Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High...no I am not joking..) He acts like he's spaced out 24/7 at the best of times.

Mom called the cops, but all they have is a bunch of kids stories, he's denying it and there is no proof.

The older kids were crying as they left for school because they feel like they've broken up the family (mom told him to get out) and yet they also think they did the right thing in telling. The little ones have been difficult all day as they can tell something is wrong even if they aren't sure what.

My heart aches for these kids. I am really scared what their futures will be like with parental role models like this. The 10 year old boy is good for me, but is constantly in trouble at school. The 12 year old girl is the most emotional. You may remember her being told to chose between mom and dad a while ago. Now she thinks she's lost both. She's living with the DCM right now, but I don't know how long that will be for as there is no official custody. I can't imagine being 12 years old and not knowing what tomorrow holds.

If the DCM doesn't want her and the courts won't give her to either of her parents, I am seriously thinking about seeing if we can take her. The poor child needs some consistancy in her young life.

What the he!! is wrong with some of these parents?
sharlan 01:14 PM 10-12-2011
Don't you just want to wrap them up in bubble wrap and protect them? My heart goes out to these kids.
SilverSabre25 01:23 PM 10-12-2011
(((((((HUGS))))))) take one for yourself and pass the rest around to those poor kids.

Reassure them that they did the right thing in telling.

Reassure them that you love them and care for them.

That's so amazing of you to consider taking the 12 yo--what a big, giving, caring heart you have.
cheerfuldom 01:28 PM 10-12-2011
shame on those parents for putting adult issues on those tiny kids' shoulders. absolutely disgusting
laundrymom 03:28 AM 10-13-2011
That poor kid,... It's just not fair.
momofsix 06:00 AM 10-13-2011
Breaks my heart...and makes me want to slap around some parents (and I'm not even a violent person)
2ndFamilyDC 06:24 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
(((((((HUGS))))))) take one for yourself and pass the rest around to those poor kids.

Reassure them that they did the right thing in telling.

Reassure them that you love them and care for them.

That's so amazing of you to consider taking the 12 yo--what a big, giving, caring heart you have.
Great response.
Tags:parents - irresponsible, safety
Reply Up