Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Following Rules
tenderhearts 09:02 AM 10-12-2017
If someone isn't abiding by one of the rules of your contract (parking), would you verbally tell them or would you put it in a letter kind of as a warning?
daycarediva 09:03 AM 10-12-2017
I would just tell them, if it was one person. If it was 2 or more, a letter home with a few policy reminders helps.
hwichlaz 10:32 AM 10-12-2017
I'd start out by sticking a reminder on the front door.
kendallina 10:35 AM 10-12-2017
I'd send a reminder email or post on the door. If it continued, I'd just tell them.
LysesKids 10:43 AM 10-12-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I'd start out by sticking a reminder on the front door.
Yep... I stick mine right on the storm door. No way they can miss it then. I also explain why the policy is in place too.

I finally banned everyone from parking in my driveway when I found out they were running over newly planted grass because they could not make the turn into a normal width driveway (makes me wonder how they park in a parking lot). Heck one mom was not making turns @ the corner of the cross street properly & she ran over my new roses ( and almost hit the street sign)... needless to say I put a boulder on the cover of my property... guess who hit it not once but 4 times in a month lol
Blackcat31 10:51 AM 10-12-2017
I am not one to engage in passive aggressive behavior and prefer to use my words.

I think the message is understood better when spoken directly to someone.
Unregistered 12:36 PM 10-14-2017
you think a letter sent home is passive-aggressive?
Mummy101 08:46 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It can be, ...even unintentionally, if you write it while upset. I did this just the other day!

Personally, I writhe at the thought of even the slightest bit of confrontation, sooo I resort to letter writing.

And YES 100% I am pretty sure they all "take it personally" or see it as a witchy thing to do even though that is never my intention and I am just trying to enforce my policies.

I have to work on my backbone, and the letter writing only perpetuates my problem. If I just spoke to them directly, they would probably respect me more and in turn, follow my rules to begin with!
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
In some cases/situations, I certainly do.

But I also think having multiple user names, fake accounts, feigning ignorance, profiting from someone else's work and lying is passive aggressive too but what do I know?
MyAngels 09:17 AM 10-18-2017
Is this related to your driveway blocking dad? If so I'd just have a face to face conversation with him and ask him directly to park correctly.

If a bunch of people are doing the same thing I'd probably do up a letter, but also speak to the individuals directly.
Mummy101 09:55 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
In some cases/situations, I certainly do.

But I also think having multiple user names, fake accounts, feigning ignorance, profiting from someone else's work and lying is passive aggressive too but what do I know?
BC, someone has surely ticked you off!! I don't see anything in this thread prompting it though and am confused, do you know something we don't? lol
Blackcat31 10:01 AM 10-20-2017
Originally Posted by Mummy101:
BC, someone has surely ticked you off!! I don't see anything in this thread prompting it though and am confused, do you know something we don't? lol
Yep.
Mummy101 10:09 AM 10-20-2017
Yep.
OK Fine, don't tell me lol
I didn't realize you guys knew each other on here, much less had ongoing rivalries. Woah...
Blackcat31 10:13 AM 10-20-2017
OK Fine, don't tell me lol
I didn't realize you guys knew each other on here, much less had ongoing rivalries. Woah...
you haven't been around long enough....

There have been times when there has been lots of drama here (on the forum) and a lot of posters that don't get along well. There have been times where there has been zero drama too.... it's no different than any other work place.

I don't normally take my frustrations out openly but the poster can't receive PM's as unregistered so...
laundrymom 10:14 AM 10-20-2017
I'm so happy to be out of the loop! Lol
Mummy101 10:17 AM 10-20-2017
you haven't been around long enough....

There have been times when there has been lots of drama here (on the forum) and a lot of posters that don't get along well. There have been times where there has been zero drama too.... it's no different than any other work place.

I don't normally take my frustrations out openly but the poster can't receive PM's as unregistered so...
HAHA very true! I just hope I stay on your good side!! lol
Meeko 10:36 PM 10-21-2017
Blackcat is one of the most fair and level headed women ever.
If she's ever ticked....it's for VERY good reason.
Cat Herder 05:07 AM 10-23-2017
Has it been 28 days, already.

OP, face to face is generally the best way unless you are creating a paper trail for termination because you suspect they will take it to small claims.
Blackcat31 06:10 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Blackcat is one of the most fair and level headed women ever.
If she's ever ticked....it's for VERY good reason.
Aw thanks....

Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Has it been 28 days, already.
Hmm, now that you mention it, I reckon it has been about that time....
MarinaVanessa 08:39 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I'm so happy to be out of the loop! Lol
I'm so happy to be IN the loop
As soon as I read it I said "Welp ... here we go again"
Tags:rules
Reply Up