Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preference On Plates/ Cups/ Silverware?
sammys 06:08 AM 01-13-2014
I was wondering if any of you have a preference on plates, cups, (sippy cups), silverware. I want a matching set and I found this http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Plastic-F...rds=ikea+kalas which I really like.

Just want others suggestions on dishes they like
DaycareMom 06:29 AM 01-13-2014
Those look cute!
My only suggestion about sippy cups is to get the hard plastic spouts on top.
I got the rubbery tops and the kids just chewed them off.
ihop 07:10 AM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by sammys:
I was wondering if any of you have a preference on plates, cups, (sippy cups), silverware. I want a matching set and I found this http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Plastic-F...rds=ikea+kalas which I really like.

I have the cups and silverware from this set and I love then. Very sturdy and no teeth marks so far. They do great in the dishwasher and are very easy to clean. Nothing really sticks to the silverware. My dcks spill the cups a lot but they are two so nothing to do with the cup I'm sure
Brooksie 07:10 AM 01-13-2014
I have the Ikea sets! Love them.
WImom 11:02 AM 01-13-2014
I have the Ikea utensil set and I really like my rectangle divider trays I purchased from Target a few months ago. They are a solid color and have matching bowls and cups too. They are holding up great.
melilley 11:03 AM 01-13-2014
I just get the Take n Toss made by The First Years. I get the silverware, bowls and cups. They're fairly cheap and if they do get ruined, they're affordable to replace! I have the plates that are made by Munchkin. I really like them!
butterfly 11:54 AM 01-13-2014
plates and cups by munchkin here. I like using regular silverware. The plastic silverware didn't hold up as well and I like teaching them to use adult size items when it's feasible.
Jack Sprat 11:54 AM 01-13-2014

I have the silverware and love them.
crazydaycarelady 12:11 PM 01-13-2014
The only thing I am picky about is sippy cups. I like the kind without a valve that you have to take out and wash. I can get valveless ones at Wal-Mart.
jenboo 12:14 PM 01-13-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
plates and cups by munchkin here. I like using regular silverware. The plastic silverware didn't hold up as well and I like teaching them to use adult size items when it's feasible.
I use the munchkin sets too. Super cheap and hold up well in the dishwasher. I have their forks and spoons as well for my younger kids. I also have metal silverware for the older toddlers and kids. It is child sized and I got it from sams club. I love the child sized stuff!! I also have little tumblers from sams club.
AcornMama 04:56 PM 01-13-2014

I use those Ikea ones. No complaints here!
Rachel 05:34 AM 01-14-2014
Another vote for the Ikea sets. The bowls, plates & cups last forever (ok, we have had them for 4 years or so, used daily, and still look great). The silverware I need to replace every so often, mostly the forks, because they get chewed. But the new forks are better than the old ones were. I give each kid a color and that's that.
Meeko 06:37 AM 01-14-2014
I have 16 daycare kids.....so I use disposable everything. If not, I would be loading, running and unloading my dishwasher all day.
mema 07:55 AM 01-14-2014
I have Ikea silverware and love it! I have 2 different kinds of plates. Just a plain round that I got from Wal-mart that the smaller kiddos use and 3 section plates I got from Target that the older ones use. The bigger kids use the tupperware cups from when I was little (haven't looked to see if they still make them). I have a few different kids with lids, so the younger ones have options. One is a straw cup, one kind is the munkin nuby ones-with or without handles, and the other is the take and toss.
Unregistered 08:09 AM 01-14-2014
I bought the really cute sectioned kid's plates with cute pictures on them from Target and now Wal-Mart has some nice heavy ones also. I bought two of each design, and no I don't have anyone complain about the plate they get. The super star (one child each day-does calendar, first in line, etc.) get to pick his/her plate for the day.

I use the 5/6 oz. Dixie paper cups for kids two and up and just cheap tippy cups for under two.

I use cheap Wal-Mart silverware for kids two and up.
Rachel 09:40 AM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I have 16 daycare kids.....so I use disposable everything. If not, I would be loading, running and unloading my dishwasher all day.
We are not allowed to use disposable at all. Sometimes I feel I am forever washing dishes and bottles but what are you going to do
melilley 09:55 AM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by mema:
I have Ikea silverware and love it! I have 2 different kinds of plates. Just a plain round that I got from Wal-mart that the smaller kiddos use and 3 section plates I got from Target that the older ones use. The bigger kids use the tupperware cups from when I was little (haven't looked to see if they still make them). I have a few different kids with lids, so the younger ones have options. One is a straw cup, one kind is the munkin nuby ones-with or without handles, and the other is the take and toss.
What color are your tupperware cups? Yellow and orange? Just curious!
Reply Up