Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Don't Touch That!
mountainside13 02:59 PM 01-16-2015
My sons birthday is tomorrow and I let him stay up part of nap time to help me decorate the house. We stapled Spiderman dangly decorations from the ceiling. Dcm comes to pick up and while holding her child the child kept trying to play with the decoration. I told her to stop, mom says it's ok she won't hurt it. I said no I don't want her playing with it. Before I finished my sentence she ripped it from the ceiling and tore part of the his head. Her responses. Oh you silly girl. I turned around grabbed a chair and handed her the stapler. Now I'm starting to wonder if I over reacted a little but at least I used my back bone! I'm really tired of not being respected.
Laurel 03:08 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
My sons birthday is tomorrow and I let him stay up part of nap time to help me decorate the house. We stapled Spiderman dangly decorations from the ceiling. Dcm comes to pick up and while holding her child the child kept trying to play with the decoration. I told her to stop, mom says it's ok she won't hurt it. I said no I don't want her playing with it. Before I finished my sentence she ripped it from the ceiling and tore part of the his head. Her responses. Oh you silly girl. I turned around grabbed a chair and handed her the stapler. Now I'm starting to wonder if I over reacted a little but at least I used my back bone! I'm really tired of not being respected.
I think you did fine. Don't worry about it.

Laurel
Heidi 03:14 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I think you did fine. Don't worry about it.

Laurel

She should have been terribly embarrassed and apologizing profusely. You did nothing wrong.
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 01-16-2015
Oh you silly girl??? That was it?
Um yeh, I'd be angry at dcm for being such a silly woman!!
mountainside13 04:17 PM 01-16-2015
That's her response to just about everything.
KiddieCahoots 04:47 PM 01-16-2015
Don't you wish you could've taken a picture of her stapling it back up and put it in a frame, for all the other day care parents to see, what "not to do"? ...
Unregistered 05:53 PM 01-16-2015
Lucky for you mom didn't fall off the chair then and get hurt. Even when you are angry you can't put parents in unsafe situations. You should have waited until after the kids left to put up the decorations. Our fire code doesn't allow anthing within 18 inches of the ceiling..decoration wise.
KiddieCahoots 06:10 PM 01-16-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Lucky for you mom didn't fall off the chair then and get hurt. Even when you are angry you can't put parents in unsafe situations. You should have waited until after the kids left to put up the decorations. Our fire code doesn't allow anthing within 18 inches of the ceiling..decoration wise.
Fire codes per state inspection primarily exist for centers and large group care not for in home.
daycare 06:17 PM 01-16-2015
yeah its always silly when it didn't happen to your child's stuff...

WTH is wrong with people... Good for you.
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 01-17-2015
Lucky for OP, her rules aren't that strict and she is still allowed to "live" in her home and decorate for her son's birthday.

If mom can't stand on a chair without it being a "dangerous" situation, then maybe she should practice her listening skills and not allow her child to play with something like the adult home owner asked.

Oh...and the OP had a right to be angry but I don't see her reaction as an angry outburst. I see it as a natural consequence. You break it = you fix it.
Heidi 04:42 PM 01-17-2015

daycarediva 12:24 PM 01-18-2015
You break it=you bought it here.

"Oh no dcm. That will be $4 to replace the decoration your child just broke."
sahm1225 12:27 PM 01-18-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
You break it=you bought it here.

"Oh no dcm. That will be $4 to replace the decoration your child just broke."
PLUS a $25 you're an idiot fee. Absolutely ridiculous!
Josiegirl 01:52 PM 01-18-2015
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
PLUS a $25 you're an idiot fee. Absolutely ridiculous!
Sounds like some of us would be rich if we could charge idiot fees!!!
Unregistered 03:59 PM 01-18-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Sounds like some of us would be rich if we could charge idiot fees!!!
My car mechanic has a $25 "bargaining" fee.
Rockgirl 06:28 AM 01-19-2015
It irks me that dcm said "It's ok, she won't hurt it." That's not even the point. You said don't touch it. Dcm undermined you in your home--not ok! Plus, yeah.....she did hurt it.
Tags:touching
Reply Up