Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Now What Am I Going To Do
nikia 09:01 AM 03-09-2011
The job that laid me off 2 years ago just called me and asked me to come back to work. I worked for an insurance company and worked strictly for one agent and basically ran his office. When the economy first to a nose dive in my state he had to lay me off which is when I opened my daycare. So today as Im serving lunch he calls me and says he has the opportunity to give me my job back, starting the day I get back from my vacation. I am so torn, I am going to nursing school which I told him so he is fully aware I am going into a different business once I am done with school, but he can offer me mothers hours, so I will only be gone when my kids are in school. I feel like so many things are flying at me, I just am a mess. I dont know how to say good-bye to my daycare kids, I just cut a bunch of kids out to have more time for school. Ugh Anyone had to make these decisions before?? Any advice I know I have to follow my heart Im just feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment
DaycareMomma 10:07 AM 03-09-2011
You need to do what is best for you and your family. If that means taking that job back, than go for it. Sounds like he is an understanding boss and willing to help you out.
jen 10:27 AM 03-09-2011
What do you WANT to do? Personally, I would like the mothers hours so that my time with my kids was just that. Work is work and time with them is time with just them!
nikia 10:43 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
What do you WANT to do? Personally, I would like the mothers hours so that my time with my kids was just that. Work is work and time with them is time with just them!
I think I want this job, I have been thinking about it for the last 2 hours and the only thing that is hard for me is to say good-bye to the kids. I want my house back, I want health insurance thru an employer , I want like you said my time with my kids to be with just them not 12 hours of everyone elses kids mixed in. I have guilt for feeling this way, and I dont know how to say good-bye to everyone, the ones that I have had since I first opened is what makes this hard. Why as women do we think about everyone else first? Why is it so hard to stand up and say this is what is best and just do it? Is that just me?? I keep think what will so and so do without me
AfterSchoolMom 10:47 AM 03-09-2011
If you want it, take it. Your families will move on. I think mother's hours sound great!
DCMomOf3 11:09 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
Why as women do we think about everyone else first? Why is it so hard to stand up and say this is what is best and just do it? Is that just me?? I keep think what will so and so do without me
Before I notified my DCFs that i was closing i felt the same way. My parents were all great about it, and I hope yours will be too! I say go with your heart, you will be happier if you do.
missnikki 01:54 PM 03-09-2011
Both options have pros/cons.

Write them down, weigh them out, ask your DH, reallllly think about your other job and if it was as good as you remembered it....

Only you can answer this one.

Good luck with it, you'll make the right choice regardless!

(BTW- mother's hours can mean an occasional playdate or get-together...)
jen 02:04 PM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by nikia:
I think I want this job, I have been thinking about it for the last 2 hours and the only thing that is hard for me is to say good-bye to the kids. I want my house back, I want health insurance thru an employer , I want like you said my time with my kids to be with just them not 12 hours of everyone elses kids mixed in. I have guilt for feeling this way, and I dont know how to say good-bye to everyone, the ones that I have had since I first opened is what makes this hard. Why as women do we think about everyone else first? Why is it so hard to stand up and say this is what is best and just do it? Is that just me?? I keep think what will so and so do without me
Go for it!!!!!

You'll feel stressed right up until you give notice...then, my guess, you'll feel FABULOUS! Make yourself happy, no one else will do it for you!!!

Congrats!!!!
Unregistered 02:14 PM 03-09-2011
Wow - I have never heard of Mother's hours.

I would really want to know he was willing to provide me with some job security this time. One year contract?

You can always babysit for your DCKs
Tags:economy, job change
Reply Up