Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Claim Any Pre-School As An Expense?
afmama 06:21 PM 07-24-2011
Is it true you can claim pre-k classes as a business expense? Anybody do this?
CheekyChick 07:56 PM 07-24-2011
What do you mean claim a preschool class?
Crystal 09:27 AM 07-25-2011
I'm thinking she meant if she takes ECE classes at the college. Yes, they can be deducted.
afmama 05:52 PM 07-25-2011
I did not do a good job of wording that haha! do you claim the child care tax credit for any of your children's pre-k classes? My tax book says you can, but I wanted to see if anyone on here does it.
Crazy8 07:06 PM 07-25-2011
Originally Posted by afmama:
I did not do a good job of wording that haha! do you claim the child care tax credit for any of your children's pre-k classes? My tax book says you can, but I wanted to see if anyone on here does it.
for my own kids going to an outside preschool?? I didn't think you could. Where did you read that? I'd love to know if its true as I just shelled out over $3k for him to go to preschool 2 mornings a week this past year.
afmama 07:10 PM 07-28-2011
I read it in the Tom Copeland, record keeping book. I'll dig it back out tomorrow and double check. It basically said if you choose to send you child to a different "care facility" then you could claim the child tax care credit.

As long as it wasn't a "school." But then right after that it says that IRS tax laws were written before pre-k became so rigorous with their "schooling." So it said even if your preschooler is enrolled in a "school" that it basically counts as child-care until they are in kindy.
Tags:deductible, expenses
Reply Up