Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCG Birthday, What To Do?
LittleD 06:20 AM 06-05-2012
It's my DCG 2nd birthday, and I completely forgot! Her mom was kind enough to remind me yesterday
So I'm having the kids make her some pretty art, and a card signed by everyone, and we are going to make birthday muffins. Is there anything else I can do?
SilverSabre25 06:23 AM 06-05-2012
Sounds perfect to me!
GretasLittleFriends 06:37 AM 06-05-2012
I don't do much for the DCKs birthdays. I get the birthday child a small present in the $5 range, maybe a little more if they are SA. I buy one card that says their age, then have all the kids sign (or attempt) to sign the card. We will have something special for snack, and sing Happy Birthday.

Other than that, they get no special treatment.
mema 07:15 AM 06-05-2012
I have 2 birthdays today too! I get them a small gift, we have a special snack either brought by parents or we make something, sing happy birthday, and the others make cards. The younger ones like to make crowns/hats to wear that have their age on it, but the older ones not so much. I do ask them when I make the menu if they want to pick out lunch or not, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. They can also be helper of the day if they choose.
Blackcat31 07:15 AM 06-05-2012
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
I don't do much for the DCKs birthdays. I get the birthday child a small present in the $5 range, maybe a little more if they are SA. I buy one card that says their age, then have all the kids sign (or attempt) to sign the card. We will have something special for snack, and sing Happy Birthday.

Other than that, they get no special treatment.
We do the same thing here.

I realize we are a big part of these kids' lives and all but I do not buy gifts of any kind.....this month alone, I have 5 DCK's with birthdays.

75% of my parents take their child's birthday off and spend it with them.
bgmeyers 07:36 AM 06-05-2012
I give a small gift and the parents have always provided a treat for the kids.
If they didn't I would probably try to whip up a special something for snack.
Birthday person gets to go first all day....that's their favorite thing.
Meyou 07:40 AM 06-05-2012
I do cupcakes or muffins and we paint pretty pictures for the birthday child. Then they get to pick out afternoon activity. Anything from the park to a dance party to crafts.
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 06-05-2012
Some threads about DCK's birthdays https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=birthday+gift
Tags:birthday, birthday gift, birthdays, celebration, dck birthday
Reply Up