Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kindergarten Lunch Dilemma
Country Kids 02:48 PM 08-30-2012
This year our district is going to an early release day one day a week. It's not Friday which would be nice but oh well they didn't ask me so.........

Here's the problem-I'm afternoon kindergarten. The kids for this one day will go 12:00-2;15, the rest of the week is 1:00-3;15 or something like that. Well they will need to get the bus that one day at like 11:15, arrive at the school where I guess they can have lunch and then class starts at 12:00. Well I won't have time to feed the kindergarteners and be reimbursted because we can't serve before 11:00. I need them done by then so they can get cleaned up and be getting ready for the bus. So basically the kids won't be having lunch if they don't eat here or at school. Would you just let the parents know that they will have to take/buy lunch that one day of the week. Also, I really don't want to stop at 10:15 to have to start making lunch right in the middle of our morning.
cheerfuldom 03:09 PM 08-30-2012
I would not offer lunch.

Tell the parents they will have to provide something for the kids that day....they have to work within the school rules too. I am assuming the lunch can be purchased at school? Its a weird schedule but thats not your fault. Hopefully it is at least the same day each week instead of alternating days.
sharlan 03:13 PM 08-30-2012
I would let the parents know that they will have to send lunch with the kids on those days.
Childminder 05:44 PM 08-30-2012
OMG! are you in Waterford? This happened here plus they used to stagger the release times and now all of the elementary schools have the same dismissal. This sucks cause I have to pick children up from school at the same time from scholls that are 1.5 miles apart.

Sorry for that! Does the school provide the lunch? Parents problem would be my answer. Our morning snack is at 10:30.
Reply Up