Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love It When...
LeslieG 10:17 AM 09-09-2014
..I'm trying to get after one of the kids for doing something they shouldn't be doing and I totally call them the wrong name the whole time. Meanwhile, the child whose name I was actually saying is looking all confused

Anyone else confuse their kids?? I feel like I constantly confuse their names!!

One time I was at the park and I was calling out to one of my dcbs and I seriously went through all 4 of my other kids' names before I got it right! Other adults at the park probably thought I was crazy!!
melilley 10:24 AM 09-09-2014
I do it all the time!

Once we were having yogurt for snack and one of the dcb's was walking away from the table and I called him yogurt!

I have called my son Lody before. His name is Brody, but I have a child whose name starts with a L. I have also called one of the kids my dogs name!

It doesn't help that I have 2 kids with the same name and another whose name rhymes with the two with the same name and they are all boys.
Play Care 10:25 AM 09-09-2014
Originally Posted by LeslieG:
..I'm trying to get after one of the kids for doing something they shouldn't be doing and I totally call them the wrong name the whole time. Meanwhile, the child whose name I was actually saying is looking all confused

One time I was at the park and I was calling out to one of my dcbs and I seriously went through all 4 of my other kids' names before I got it right! Other adults at the park probably thought I was crazy!!
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one!!
Thriftylady 11:00 AM 09-09-2014
Well I called my grandson by my daughter's name the other day, then the dog's name. Pretty bad when you throw the dog into the mix lol.
Cat Herder 11:04 AM 09-09-2014
When I am frustrated I tend to call them by my siblings names from childhood.

Paging Dr. Freud.....
daycarediva 11:05 AM 09-09-2014
I do this with my OWN kids, I do the run down. My oldest even laughs, you know Mom's mad when she can't get your name right.

Yup, with daycare kids, too. I've even called them by names of kids who no longer attend.
nannyde 11:11 AM 09-09-2014
This is why I bless them with a nickname I can actually remember because it takes me months to come up with it.
Blackcat31 11:31 AM 09-09-2014
My mother alway did this to my sister and me.

We are 10 yrs apart in age so you'd think she'd have my name down by the time my sister was born.

Plus our names are very different sounding too...

Good thing we both just answer to either name.

I have a sibling set of DCK's with names all beginning with "J" and two of them rhyme.
Luna 11:38 AM 09-09-2014
I do this all the time. I call one of my dcks Caleb, and I don't even know a Caleb!
MissAnn 11:41 AM 09-09-2014

All the time! Sometimes I have long pauses trying to remember the kids name. I keep calling one boy Oscar but his name Andrew.
Josiegirl 03:12 PM 09-09-2014
Not me. I get them right every single time. All I have to do is say 'hey ya lil monster' and the name is right.

Really, I'm constantly going down the list of names. My little 2 1/2 yo dcg has been calling me Momma, Dada, Josie lately. It's cute. But yes, I definitely do it.
Sunshine74 07:22 PM 09-09-2014

It happens more than I'd like to admit.

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My mother alway did this to my sister and me.

We are 10 yrs apart in age so you'd think she'd have my name down by the time my sister was born.

Plus our names are very different sounding too...

Good thing we both just answer to either name.

I have a sibling set of DCK's with names all beginning with "J" and two of them rhyme.
My sister and I both have names starting with "J", and we are less then 3 years apart..... and we work together- in the same room even. We are called each other's name constantly. I just learned to answer to it.

Originally Posted by Luna:
I do this all the time. I call one of my dcks Caleb, and I don't even know a Caleb!
We had one dcb that my mom always wanted to call Kevin. His name was Daniel. We didn't even have a Kevin at the time.
Kimskiddos 05:31 AM 09-10-2014
I do it often here too. One little dcg just recently had her very long hair cut to shoulder length and since that day I have really struggled with calling her Emily (her name is Ileana). Emily was a dcg of mine that I had at least 6 years ago but she did wear her hair similar to this dcg's now. LOL
Reply Up