Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Well, This Is A New One!
jen 11:15 AM 11-29-2010
I don't think I've ever had this happen!

I have a little dcg, she's 2.5, who I've been working with on potty training. She is accident free and wearing big girl pants at my house. She has never had a single accident.

Mom tells me that dcg cries and cries at home when they try to put her on the potty, which she doesn't ever do here, not that it would work on me.

Anywhoo...Mom says this morning that I can keep her in big girl pants if I want to, but they are going to give up on potty training because it is too stressful...
Live and Learn 11:36 AM 11-29-2010
Forgive me please for being rude but those parents are WIMPS!!
marniewon 11:40 AM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
Forgive me please for being rude but those parents are WIMPS!!
Ha, I'm going to be even more rude and say these parents are being irresponsible! She's completely potty trained at dc but they don't want to deal with it at home? Are they going to keep her in diapers until she's what? 5? 10? Whenever she WANTS to train at home?

Editing to add: this is when you wish you had separate rates for potty trained and still in diapers! Money is a big motivator, and if they can't do it for dcg, I'm sure they'd do it to save some money!!
CKSher 01:48 PM 11-29-2010
I am going through the same scenerio with a 3 yo dcb. Only his parents still want him potty trained, they just think that I should do all the work and then he will be "magically" trained at their house as well without them ever having to lift a finger. Not sure how to get through to them that it is their responsibilty, and I am just here to assist!!! I have thought about charging differently for non-potty trained children as well, but I am afraid that some parents may push their child before he/she is ready.
jen 04:47 PM 11-29-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Whenever she WANTS to train at home?
Yep, this!

She also doesn't use silveware or a cup--just the tippy cup. When she started she threw an absolute fit about picking up toys. Mom said that they don't make her do that at home! Mom or Dad takes her to bed while the other one picks up.

Her parents are lovely people, but they just seem at a loss!
laundrymom 04:53 PM 11-29-2010
How do we have the same parents in different states? Lol
Abigail 09:17 PM 11-29-2010
Can you offer limited time extended services like a Super Nanny and go into their home and say this is how it's done at daycare and it should be the same at home! LOL
Tags:diapers, potty training
Reply Up