Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did I Forget Anything Important?
daycare 12:54 PM 03-29-2011
Going to send this letter out to parents today via email. Did i leave out anything important? Does this sound ok?

Over the past few weeks everyone in the daycare has been plagued by colds. Now that the rain has finally stopped, I know that a lot of us are starting to experience seasonal allergies. I know that I am personally and have had to medicate myself for the last week just to get by.

Allergies are not reason to be excluded from the daycare, unless accompanied by green discharge of any kind from eyes, nose or if your child has a fever greater than 100.0.

In order to properly care for your child/ren, I need to be informed whenever you have given your child any type of medication at least 4 hours prior to attending the Daycare. This also includes Tylenol or homeopathic alternatives. There are a lot of side effects that are caused by medications, including fatigue, cotton mouth, and allergic reactions.

Giving a child medications for an illness, even if it is just a cold, does not stop the spread of germs and will only temporally alleviate the symptoms. Please make sure to inform me whenever any form of mediation is given and keep sick children home.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you for your cooperation and support in this matter.
Michael 04:19 PM 03-29-2011
Reads well to me. Here are some other threads on Sick Policy that may be helpful: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=sick+policy
tulip1969 04:23 PM 03-29-2011
Looks good to me as well. Friendly and to the point.
SilverSabre25 04:24 PM 03-29-2011
Looks good to me! It's not quite allergy season here...I can't wait, only because once it is allergy season that means that the weather is finally warming up and getting springy!
daycare 04:27 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Looks good to me! It's not quite allergy season here...I can't wait, only because once it is allergy season that means that the weather is finally warming up and getting springy!
we live right next to farm central in Northern CA so as soon as the rain stops and everything is growing out of control the allergies kick in and are OUT of control....ugh...

Its been really nice here this week, its supposed to be almost 80 on thursday I cant wait.
missnikki 04:36 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Giving a child medications for an illness, even if it is just a cold, does not stop the spread of germs and will only temporally alleviate the symptoms. Please make sure to inform me whenever any form of mediation is given and keep sick children home.

I]
I just want to say that I didn't see your sick policy in this letter. You do specify regarding allergies and fever/ green snot, but it's not jumping out at me. Are you trying to remind them to bring their kids with allergies, or to not bring kids who are sick?

Do you allow medicated kids, if the parents tell you they've medicated?

Not trying to nit-pick, but I'm wondering what the objective is.
missnikki 04:38 PM 03-29-2011
well, I re-read it. So you are reminding parents that allergy meds need to be disclosed. Got it! Sorry
daycare 04:44 PM 03-29-2011
lol its ok i was looking for yall to nit-pick as I am not the best at writing letters....

thanks for reading!
Tags:allergies, sick policy, sickness notice
Reply Up