Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those That Charge for Holidays
Francine 08:47 AM 08-30-2016
I take Labor Day off as a paid holiday, I have a family that usually has Tuesdays off but since Mom will have Labor Day off she will work Tuesday next week so would you charge her for Labor Day and Tuesday or would you allow her to switch her day off from Tuesday to Labor Day. She's a veterinarian and her husband is a teacher, they both have Labor day off she isn't taking it off just because I am closed. Thanks for your help!
Leigh 08:55 AM 08-30-2016
I'd charge extra for Tuesday. She's not even scheduled on Monday, so I can't imagine that she'd expect a freebie for an unscheduled day...even if she did expect it, I'd still charge for Tuesday.
Francine 09:18 AM 08-30-2016
Thank you Leigh!
Cat Herder 09:19 AM 08-30-2016
I am assuming she is part-time and Tuesdays are not in her contract. No swaps.

If you closed Friday she would not be able to request Saturday, instead, since you are not available. Same principle.

Paid holidays are for you. Not debatable or up for trades.
MunchkinWrangler 11:16 AM 08-30-2016
Yeah, this to me would be luck of the draw with a PT schedule.

I would charge her normal rate and I wouldn't open just to take her child. Remember they are choosing to send their child PT and have chosen their schedule. It is not your fault if they didn't plan ahead or consider this.
AmyKidsCo 11:44 AM 08-30-2016
What would you do if Monday wasn't a holiday? Do that, whatever it is.
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 08-30-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
What would you do if Monday wasn't a holiday? Do that, whatever it is.
yeah, that. ^^^
TwinKristi 10:47 PM 08-30-2016
They only pay for a set number of days, if their normal schedule is for the holiday then they'd need to pay for the extra day. I had a 4 day family try that with me, the 4th of July was a Thurs so they said they'd keep her home Thurs but I said that's a paid holiday so they'd need to pay for any additional days. Of course they said oh ok, she can stay home Thurs & Friday then. Uh duh!
Francine 11:07 AM 08-31-2016
Thank you all for your advice, I did end up charging them for the extra day.
Tags:charging on holidays, paid holidays
Reply Up