Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Have Separate Centers.....
Crazy8 08:45 PM 07-27-2011
sorry, I'm still harping on how to set up my room (doing it this weekend).

So if you have separate centers/areas can you list them and what is in them?? And also approx. how big is the area for them?? Like if you used 2 bookcases to section an area - how big is the area?? I know this will vary for each section but I'm really wondering how small is too small.

I don't have room for many but so far I am thinking:
dramatic play - kitchen, dress up, etc.
blocks
reading

but I also need a more open area for "regular" toys so not sure how many other separate areas I can fit.
daycare 09:42 PM 07-27-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
sorry, I'm still harping on how to set up my room (doing it this weekend).

So if you have separate centers/areas can you list them and what is in them?? And also approx. how big is the area for them?? Like if you used 2 bookcases to section an area - how big is the area?? I know this will vary for each section but I'm really wondering how small is too small.

I don't have room for many but so far I am thinking:
dramatic play - kitchen, dress up, etc.
blocks
reading

but I also need a more open area for "regular" toys so not sure how many other separate areas I can fit.
What are your ages?
I have music and movent, art, science, blocks, math and manipulatives, science, reading and writing and Dramatic play...
My room is 20 by 16.5
I have nothing Aganist the walls as far a shelves go, bur I have short walls made of ply wood or a book case/shelf dividing each station.

In my art center I have stacks of paper for drawing
Crayons/markers
Scissors/ glue sticks (no liquid bad experience)
Water colors
Paint brushes
I guess you could say the typical stuff
Cotton balls, google eyes, beads pipe cleaners and etc

Dramatic play
Tons of play clothes
Kitchen
Food dishes
Puppet theater

Science
Small plants the kids planted
Magnets
Plastic jars of colored water
Rock salt Chrystal
Sea shells
Fish tank with plant growing
We add stuff to this like ice and salt

Reading and writing
Tons of books
Paper journals
Pencils
Reading lounged

Music movement all non battery operated instruments

Blocks
We have legos
Tinker toys
Lincoln logs
Wood block all different shapes

Manipulatives and math
Foam colored shap cubes
Scales
Cash register fake money
Memory
Hammer with pegs
Cups for marbles

I have tons of stuff. Lol. Too much to list but hope this helps some
Crazy8 09:48 PM 07-27-2011
my group generally goes up to age 3 or 4. My room is only 12x16, but really only have a 16ft wall and a 9ft wall to work with - with the short walls one is completely open and the other has a 6 ft. window - so anything there has to be low.

thanks for all the great info!!!!!
daycare 09:54 PM 07-27-2011
I have a room layout I can scan and email you if you want..
Crazy8 04:22 AM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
I'd absolutely LOVE it!!! I've gone thru a bunch of layout threads here on the board, everything I could find on google, etc.!! I will PM you my email address.
cheerfuldom 06:14 AM 07-28-2011
sounds like a great setup daycare. I can't have anything like that with three crawlers/almost walkers. All that tiny and spillable stuff is a no-go here but I can't wait till my group gets older!
Crazy8 08:30 AM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
sounds like a great setup daycare. I can't have anything like that with three crawlers/almost walkers. All that tiny and spillable stuff is a no-go here but I can't wait till my group gets older!
same here. I couldn't imagine having plants on the windowsills or water bins or any of that fun stuff. I'd have a mess everywhere!
Michael 10:24 AM 07-28-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Post the picture here too if you are ok with it.
daycare 10:31 AM 07-28-2011
lol I am tryining to scan it right now, however, I am having issues with my scanner.... Sorry stay tuned...Ill be back...
kidkair 12:52 PM 07-28-2011
I have photos on my website (http://kidkair.webs.com/apps/photos/) that show my layout. It's changed slightly since I took the pictures because now I have a toddler. I change toys every month so I get away with having very few toys out and still having happy children. Also I have a big yard and we spend much of the day out there.
Tags:daycare setup, daycare supplies, layout
Reply Up