Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Best Thermometer?
DBug 02:45 AM 03-31-2011
I'm in the market for a new thermometer. I'd like to get a good one, but I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'd like one that is as quick as possible (my dc kids are all incredibly afraid of having their temp taken), so I'm thinking of an ear thermometer or an infared one.

I'm looking at the Kidz-Med Vera-Temp Non-Contact Thermometer. The reviews are mostly favourable, so it looks good in that regard. Has anyone else used it?

Are there any others you guys have had luck with?
momatheart 06:23 AM 03-31-2011
We just use a regular digital one under the arm and add a degree.
MD daycare 09:04 AM 03-31-2011
I use the forehead scanner, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It was $35 at our local Walmart. Its fast, easy to use, and gives accurate temps. I take 3 temps just to be sure I got it accurate, but I can usually tell by the sound of the beeps if it didnt scan right.
Michael 07:40 PM 03-31-2011
We have some previous posts on the best thermometers: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=thermometer
MsMe 12:29 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by MD daycare:
I use the forehead scanner, and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It was $35 at our local Walmart. Its fast, easy to use, and gives accurate temps. I take 3 temps just to be sure I got it accurate, but I can usually tell by the sound of the beeps if it didnt scan right.
I second this! I love mine. I got mine at Walgreens.
Tags:thermometer
Reply Up