Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New To Having A Helper..Need Ideas
daycaremom88 03:30 PM 10-01-2012
Hi all,

I am searching for any one who has experience with having a part time helper. I just hired a helper who will work around 15-20 hours for me to start. I will mostly always be there with her and one of us will pick up my daugther from preschool each day. Hours won't always be the same it all depends on how many kids are scheduled each day.

So I'm mainly interested in finding what you have them do for you through the time they are there?

Do you have a set daily tasks for them to get done?

Do you have them work with a certain age group and your with the others?

I'm completely new to this I've done it solo for 3 years now, and I have just enrolled my 7th child plus her 3 year old comes along sometimes and I have a very mixed group in ages. So any advice or info is greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
grandmom 03:48 PM 10-01-2012
1. Pay taxes.
2. Don't give any perks for at least 6 months.
3. Send her home when there isn't enough kids.

Set the standard now for what needs to be done. Don't let her financial woes become yours. If you don't need her, send her home. If you don't it will become an expectation to work work work.
daycare 03:54 PM 10-01-2012
Originally Posted by daycaremom88:
Hi all,

I am searching for any one who has experience with having a part time helper. I just hired a helper who will work around 15-20 hours for me to start. I will mostly always be there with her and one of us will pick up my daugther from preschool each day. Hours won't always be the same it all depends on how many kids are scheduled each day.

So I'm mainly interested in finding what you have them do for you through the time they are there?

Do you have a set daily tasks for them to get done?

Do you have them work with a certain age group and your with the others?

I'm completely new to this I've done it solo for 3 years now, and I have just enrolled my 7th child plus her 3 year old comes along sometimes and I have a very mixed group in ages. So any advice or info is greatly appreciated thanks in advance!
I can send you my job description if you pm me your email.
Sprouts 04:46 PM 10-01-2012
I created this what to do list for my employees and I
Hope it helps
Attached: image.jpg (72.4 KB) 
Tags:assistant, assistant - duties, helper, helper instructions, to do list
Reply Up