Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Light For Sandy Hook
SilverSabre25 08:20 PM 12-16-2012
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a very hard time processing this tragedy. I found this: http://www.facebook.com/LightForSandyHook (it's a Facebook page) and I love the idea--to light candles, or put out luminaries, on this coming Friday, to honor the victims.

If you feel so moved...maybe do the same thing?
boysx5 04:30 AM 12-17-2012
So very sad my neices went to that school when they were younger. Only 20 mins from my hometown. My dad passed away on Friday about an hour after the shootings I just know my dad picked that time to go as he is up in heaven holding those children
SilverSabre25 04:38 AM 12-17-2012
My condolences for the loss of your father I can't imagine trying to deal with something like that on top of this...especially when this is so close to you, literally. ((hugs))
Blackcat31 07:33 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by boysx5:
So very sad my neices went to that school when they were younger. Only 20 mins from my hometown. My dad passed away on Friday about an hour after the shootings I just know my dad picked that time to go as he is up in heaven holding those children
BoysX5~ My sympathies on the loss of your father and what a beautiful thing to think about him holding those babies.

Silver~ nice post. I am definitely in.
daycarediva 07:37 AM 12-17-2012
I'm in silver!

boysx5, my condolences on the loss of your father.
Country Kids 08:18 AM 12-17-2012
Silver I definetly want to do this if we are having a massive storm as prodicted! I think I will hole punch hearts in 26 paper bags.

Boysx5-I had the most comforting thought when this was happening and we had the final news of what occured. I pictured all these grandparent/older people welcoming these children into their arms and holding them tight and letting them know it was ok. So for some odd reason I feel very connectd to your father now, knowing he was up there for these little ones.
Evansmom 09:07 AM 12-17-2012
I'm in too, love the 26 bags idea!
SilverSabre25 10:37 AM 12-18-2012
Glad others like the idea Go like the FB page if you can? And share it on your own pages?
JenNJ 10:58 AM 12-18-2012
There is also a walk scheduled for Friday at 9:30am for 27 minutes. https://www.facebook.com/121412NEWTOWNCT/events

I thought that this is a great way for my daycare kids to participate without them even knowing. We will be wearing our green and white (Sandy Hook's school colors), taking a regular walk at 9:30am, and concluding our walk with bubbles.
Country Kids 11:05 AM 12-18-2012
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
There is also a walk scheduled for Friday at 9:30am for 27 minutes. https://www.facebook.com/121412NEWTOWNCT/events

I thought that this is a great way for my daycare kids to participate without them even knowing. We will be wearing our green and white (Sandy Hook's school colors), taking a regular walk at 9:30am, and concluding our walk with bubbles.
We will do this also if possible (calling for 100%) rain that day!!!

Maybe we will just do bubbles. A friend of mine just gave me 20 bottles of bubbles-
Country Kids 11:26 AM 12-22-2012
Did anyone do this? I tried but it was so rainy and windy here the bags just fell over-

We had cut hearts out of all the bags and they were cute but didn't work. My husband said you made a difference by trying and remembering those that were lost. I was upset because the whole thing seemed to fall apart!
SilverSabre25 12:35 PM 12-22-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Did anyone do this? I tried but it was so rainy and windy here the bags just fell over-

We had cut hearts out of all the bags and they were cute but didn't work. My husband said you made a difference by trying and remembering those that were lost. I was upset because the whole thing seemed to fall apart!
I am going to try and do it Christmas Eve instead--i was worried about fire. It was very windy here
Reply Up