Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hand Foot Mouth
NoMoreJuice! 07:29 PM 01-22-2016
Ok, have my first case of Hand Foot Mouth. How bad is it? What precautions do I need to take other than standard 24 hour fever free? Thanks!
Michael 08:57 PM 01-22-2016
Here are a lot of pervious threads that may help: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...foot+and+mouth
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 01-23-2016
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
Ok, have my first case of Hand Foot Mouth. How bad is it? What precautions do I need to take other than standard 24 hour fever free? Thanks!
This is the info our state health dept gives us

http://www.hennepin.us/~/media/henne...ider.pdf?la=en
lovemydaycare0912 05:11 AM 01-26-2016
I actually had that 2 years ago when I worked in a daycare center. It was going around the kids, and of course I got it. The hospital told me to stay out of work for 2 weeks. All parents should be notified so that way they know what to look for in their own children. Sanitize!!!!!!! Also, child is still contagious with those red bumps on body so they need to be out way longer than 24 hours imo. Good luck!
renodeb 09:20 AM 01-27-2016
It went through my dc last year. I had one kid that was out for 8 days and one kid was out 5 days. I was told to wait until all the soars were healed over before allowing them to return. Its funny, the mom that had to have child out for 8 days kept texting me pictures insisting that he was safe to return. I stuck to my guns though.
Debbie
TXhomedaycare 09:27 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
I actually had that 2 years ago when I worked in a daycare center. It was going around the kids, and of course I got it. The hospital told me to stay out of work for 2 weeks. All parents should be notified so that way they know what to look for in their own children. Sanitize!!!!!!! Also, child is still contagious with those red bumps on body so they need to be out way longer than 24 hours imo. Good luck!

Tags:foot and mouth, hand foot and mouth
Reply Up