Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update On Parent Not Letting Child Adjust
Bookworm 02:33 PM 07-27-2012
Sorry it took so long but Dad kept stalling. Mom called me today fed up with the situation. I guess she finally found her backbone. Anyway, she wanted to know the real reason DKG is not adjusting. She asked that I be blunt and honest with her because she wanted the truth.

I told her the problem is Dad. When he drops off, he needs to drop and run. Give a quick hug and kiss and say goodbye. I said that he needs to stop making her think that this is a "bad" place by stalling and not letting her go. She has a great time when she is here but she needs to stay longer than 11am because she misses out on so much fun. I also talked with her about our monthly field trips. I told her that I don't want Dad to go because DKG would not be able to have fun. She shocked me by saying she totally agreed with me on everything. She let me know that Dad is too overprotective at home as well. He barely let's her out of his sight (creepy). Her solution is to ban Dad from the center. From now on, she will drop off and pickup at a later time. He is not to go on ANY field trips with us. It's ok if calls once to check up on her but she feels that he doesn't even need to do that. She's fed up with the drama from DKG and Dad and its going to stop. She let me know that there will be a change Monday morning and thanked me for being honest with her.

That went a whole lot better than I thought. It feels real good to have a parent willing and ready to help. Thanks for listening and your input.
Blackcat31 02:36 PM 07-27-2012
That is awesome....but I have a feeling that this solution won't go over so well with dad. He might just start checking up on her without telling mom or he might simply refuse to allow his wife to tell him what to do....kwim?

I do hope though (for the child's sake and yours) that it works out ok! Good job being honest too!
Fruitloops1 02:38 PM 07-27-2012
That is great that mom realizes dad has issues. Hopefully he can chill out and let dcg be a kid.
hopefully Monday will be a good one.
MizzCheryl 02:46 PM 07-27-2012
Sounds like mom has a clue. Hope dads not single soon.
Bookworm 02:51 PM 07-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is awesome....but I have a feeling that this solution won't go over so well with dad. He might just start checking up on her without telling mom or he might simply refuse to allow his wife to tell him what to do....kwim?

I do hope though (for the child's sake and yours) that it works out ok! Good job being honest too!
Since the big boss got involved, we were told to enforce the new rules and if we feel that he is completely disruptive to the center with excessive phone calls then we are to let him know and he will take care of it. But I don't think it will come to that.

It did feel good to have a parent ask for blunt honesty and receive it without getting angry and defensive.
cheerfuldom 03:15 PM 07-27-2012
Go mom! please update again next week. hope this is all going to work out because dad is bat-crazy at this point.
countrymom 04:29 PM 07-27-2012
sounds like something is going on at home too. Keep us updated, I just have a feeling that he's going to be sneaky and do something.
Tags:adjusting to care, adjusting to daycare, creeper, creepy, overbearing parent
Reply Up