Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is 38.32 and 35 the Same Thing?
laceylmm 02:17 PM 03-06-2013
Printed off a parent an invoice for 38.32, next day they handed me 35 with no mention of the rest of it!!

I added the 3.32 as due on their receipt. Who does that?

Walmart doesn't tell me I owe 18.52 and I hand them 15!!
littlemissmuffet 02:21 PM 03-06-2013
If this is a trouble family, I would have probably termed. I do not put up with any kind of disrespect, especially from families who cause way more than their fair share of drama. Tell them it's due by the morning and their childcare services are suspended until it's received.

Most of us have late fees as well. Mine is $35/day beginning at 5pm the day any fee was due. If a parent is even a penny short, they are charge $35/day until I'm PAID IN FULL!
Michael 02:22 PM 03-06-2013
Originally Posted by laceylmm:
Printed off a parent an invoice for 38.32, next day they handed me 35 with no mention of the rest of it!!

I added the 3.32 as due on their receipt. Who does that?

Walmart doesn't tell me I owe 18.52 and I hand them 15!!
I have to laugh at this. This is the same person that probably wants to do away with the penny.
daycarediva 02:29 PM 03-06-2013
I'm curious what your rates are that you end up with cents. Mine is always dollars! Don't hand me change! I had a Mom once try to pay her late fee in change, oh HECK NO I am NOT counting out your gross car change ($8 worth of it).

Yes, it's obviously rude and was intentional. I would round up and invoice them. You're probably going to hear "I didn't have change."
laceylmm 02:33 PM 03-06-2013
It's based off their copay. 8.54/per child/per week (am I allowed to share that info? Or is it okay as long as I don't post names?)

The state only pays so much and their rates end in cents also. It's weird. Not sure how to get around the change thing. Certainly don't want to keep a cash register on hand!
SilverSabre25 02:56 PM 03-06-2013
I would be inclined to think that it was an honest mistake... "Hey, dcm, how much did we owe?" "Oh, I forget, you'll have to check...it was like $35 or something" and then DCD just assumes she meant "it is $35".

Hypothetical situation, but I've had those conversations with my own husband, and exact identities aside, anyone could do that.
crazydaycarelady 03:08 PM 03-06-2013
That's like people picking their kids up at 5:45 when I close at 5:30. You don't do that at Walmart either!
Springdaze 03:36 PM 03-06-2013
round up at least! jeez!
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:58 PM 03-07-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
I have to laugh at this. This is the same person that probably wants to do away with the penny.
Haha! I'm actually suprised that we havent really had any issues about not having the penny around anymore. But we have started going through our pennies and collecting one from every year for both kids.

i know a lady that is collecting pennies from everyone and paying them for them and she is turning her kitchen floor into a penny floor.
NeedaVaca 01:33 PM 03-07-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
Haha! I'm actually suprised that we havent really had any issues about not having the penny around anymore. But we have started going through our pennies and collecting one from every year for both kids.

i know a lady that is collecting pennies from everyone and paying them for them and she is turning her kitchen floor into a penny floor.
I have seen pictures of floors done with pennies, pretty cool!
Lucy 02:04 PM 03-07-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I have seen pictures of floors done with pennies, pretty cool!
So cool!!!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDIQ9QEwAA
Michael 02:15 PM 03-07-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
So cool!!!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDIQ9QEwAA
Don't invite a copper bandit over for dinner. Those thieves would find a way to take it home.

MarinaVanessa 02:17 PM 03-07-2013
I would have addressed it right away "Oh $35. When will I get the rest? I can't report to subsidy that you paid me until it's paid in full"

Then if it was an honest mistake they'll tell you. You should probably contact them right away and mention it. "Hey DCM, I just now counted the money you gave me and there is only $XX. It was supposed to be $XX. I'll take it in the morning when you drop off DCK, just wanted to remind you"
Tags:money owed, parents - don't appreciate
Reply Up