Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Frustrated
sharlan 06:23 PM 01-22-2014
My granddaughter turned 18 on 1/9/14.

I talked to the ladies at our local R&R who used to do the fingerprinting and they told me that they no longer do it but they used to accept a school ID along with a birth cert. I scheduled an appt for last Fri for her to be fingerprinted. The new place refused to do it saying that my granddaughter had to have a valid dl (she doesn't drive) or a picture CA ID.

I am taking her to the DMV tomorrow to get a CA ID. I was told by the DMV that it could take a month or longer to get the actual card.

I sent my analyst an e-mail letting him know what is going on. I have until 2/9/14 to have her fingerprints done or be fined. It doesn't matter if I can't get her ID card in time. It doesn't matter that the fingerprinting place won't do it.
Blackcat31 06:57 PM 01-22-2014
Could you maybe get her a passport or library card faster that would be an acceptable form of picture I.D.?

I dont know what your state counts as I.D.

What's the fine if you cant meet the requirements?

Sucks when the timing of stuff is off..
Cat Herder 07:11 PM 01-22-2014
How about a learners permit? My DS had his in hand same day....
sharlan 08:06 PM 01-22-2014
The fingerprinting people told my dh that it had to be a hard copy. They wouldn't accept a paper temporary card. No library cards, no student ID, no Costco, nothing except for a CA driver's license or ID card.

I believe the fine could be $250 a day.
Margarete 08:19 PM 01-22-2014
Perhaps she could live (at least 4 nights a week) at a friends house, and limit her time spent at your home during daycare temporarily until everything goes through. Volunteers under 16 hours a week, or family members of children in care do not need to be background checked (if they don't live there) and are not left alone with the children.
Sorry about the situation =/ Hope it can be resolved soon.
_Dana_ 08:54 PM 01-22-2014
Here in Nebraska, you are issued a temporary ID card until your permanent card arrives from the DMV. It is treated just like a valid ID for all legal purposes. I assume CA would do the same.

I would call and and follow up with a manager regarding needing the "hard copy" because it says directly on the paper that it is an official ID and is to be treated as such.
TwinKristi 09:18 PM 01-22-2014
No, it has to be an actual photo ID because it's a clearance through the state and federal criminal database and they have to match the picture with the finger prints. Otherwise it could be anyone stated on the paper and there's no confirmation that that's who that is. It's really for the protection of the kids but I can see how annoying this could be. I'm not sure why anyone would tell you that misinformation, LiveScan uses your ID/DL# as their info number and has forever. You give people your DL# for them to call LiveScan and confirm your background check.
KidGrind 04:03 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My granddaughter turned 18 on 1/9/14.

I talked to the ladies at our local R&R who used to do the fingerprinting and they told me that they no longer do it but they used to accept a school ID along with a birth cert. I scheduled an appt for last Fri for her to be fingerprinted. The new place refused to do it saying that my granddaughter had to have a valid dl (she doesn't drive) or a picture CA ID.

I am taking her to the DMV tomorrow to get a CA ID. I was told by the DMV that it could take a month or longer to get the actual card.

I sent my analyst an e-mail letting him know what is going on. I have until 2/9/14 to have her fingerprints done or be fined. It doesn't matter if I can't get her ID card in time. It doesn't matter that the fingerprinting place won't do it.
In California, I received my first ID at the age of 16. I’m sorry you are in the tight predicament. My mother had us get ID’s way before our 18 birthday.
Happily_wed 08:17 AM 01-23-2014
Where I live if you go to the DMV you get your ID right there and then. You can also be fingerprinted at the state police office. My daughter worked for the school's summer school program and had to be fingerprinted and that is where she went. You might try that option.
Unregistered 08:47 AM 01-23-2014
Not to be harsh but you should of planned ahead and gotten your ducks in a row. It's not like her birthday came out of the blue. What's that saying, "lack of planning on your part does not make it an emergency in mine" or something to that effect.

Hope you you get it fixed without to much of a dent to your pocket.
Blackcat31 09:27 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Not to be harsh but you should of planned ahead and gotten your ducks in a row. It's not like her birthday came out of the blue. What's that saying, "lack of planning on your part does not make it an emergency in mine" or something to that effect.

Hope you you get it fixed without to much of a dent to your pocket.
How is this helpful?

What's that saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

Sounds to me like OP had her ducks in a row but the agency no longer does fingerprinting so OP is stuck trying to find somewhere else to get this done within the time frame she needs.

NOTHING in that scenario has anything to do with her planning or failing to plan....
mountainside13 09:40 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How is this helpful?

What's that saying, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

Sounds to me like OP had her ducks in a row but the agency no longer does fingerprinting so OP is stuck trying to find somewhere else to get this done within the time frame she needs.

NOTHING in that scenario has anything to do with her planning or failing to plan....

TwinKristi 09:48 AM 01-23-2014
I wouldn't say it's lack of planning necessarily but she could have gotten her DL or ID before she was 18 but was misinformed on the procedure from R&R for the current businesses practices. It was assumed that because R&R accepted school IDs that this LiveScan place would as well. I'm curious how the R&R reported this to LiveScan as I was told 7+ yrs ago that I had to have a form of state ID. Most 18yr olds have their DL so it's usually not an issue for most people. Different people see things in a different light. No their comment wasn't "useful" but unfortunately that's what you get on a public forum.
My3cents 10:45 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How is this helpful?

I was going to respond, but glad I waited
daycare 10:49 AM 01-23-2014
funny how when we need or want something LIC is NO help and make us wait. BUT when it's something they want, they are on top of us like flies on poo.

WOW. Did you try to see if you could get her finger prints done at the police dept?
Blackcat31 12:08 PM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by My3cents:
I was going to respond, but glad I waited
I don't usually post so snarky to unregistered posters because I absolutely value their opinion as much as anyone else's but I just felt that one was out of line because OP was not dissing licensing or even saying anything bad about the situation... she wasn't even asking for help or advice..... she was merely venting/expressing her frustrations.
boysx5 03:13 PM 01-23-2014
How about a learners permit my son was 18 last year and that was okay to use. Good luck
Reply Up