Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Bummed
Josiegirl 09:44 AM 11-25-2015
I talked with dcm this a.m.;finally got up the nerve to ask what her final plans were because her due date is within a month now. I was really hoping she'd pay *something* to hold the spot to let me know she did plan on returning when her maternity is up. At this point I don't even care if it's 25 bucks. She said she can't afford it, which I can understand but then it also didn't sound like she was planning on returning. I am so bummed, her dd is one of the sweetest kids I've EVER had!! She gets along with everyone and the family is really nice too.
She lives an hour away so wouldn't be able to bring her dd even PT or anything. Did I mention how bummed I am.
Ariana 09:51 AM 11-25-2015
Oh man that really stinks
lovemykidstoo 09:52 AM 11-25-2015
Awww I'm so sorry. So you're really not sure if she's coming back or not just that she can't afford the deposit to hold her spot? I feel your pain. I have a family with 2 boys with me now and mom is due on the 30th. I finally asked her about 3 weeks ago what her plans were. She went back and forth for a good week after that. I was afraid to bring it up because I thought if she was pulling them right now, I'm sure she would have told me. Her boys are part of my 5 boy alliance that are all driving me nuts, but if I had to part with 2 boys, it would be the other 2 that are brothers here. Well, she is quitting her job, but the boys will still be with me through February. I just filled a full time position so the income is a wash but I will miss those 2 boys and the parents too. Sorry you have to go through it. It's so hard to lose the good ones.
midaycare 10:34 AM 11-25-2015
I'm sorry . I've lost two sweet dcb's in the past year due to moves. It's hard.
Josiegirl 10:35 AM 11-25-2015
I hope she really does want to come back but she already knows I can't take her baby until school gets out(she's trying to take the time off until April anyways). The way she said it though, just made it sound so final. I'm going to try to talk with her again and see how serious she is about coming back but then plans should never be assumed 100% anyways. If I tried to stay down one slot until June and then she still didn't return, I'm cutting myself short. But I wonder if she'd consider bringing her dd back here when she returns to work in April, until the baby can come if I didn't request a 'hold the slot' payment. I'm so confused now, the way she said it I'm not sure what she(and I) were exactly thinking of.
Sorry, trying to make sense of how I should have taken our conversation this a.m. I'll have to talk with her again. Or email her, I always talk better in an email.

Exactly, lovemykidstoo, it's usually the ones you don't want to lose that go first.
Josiegirl 10:19 AM 11-27-2015
An update: I asked her Wednesday if paying to hold the slot was the only reason for her non-committal and she said oh yes, absolutely. She figured she'd keep calling to see if I had any openings while she was out on maternity leave. So then I asked her if she would be willing to give me a nonrefundable deposit to be applied to her older dd's first week back, to hold the spot. She was absolutely delighted and relieved! She didn't want to shortchange me at all and I told her I wouldn't offer it if I didn't want to do it. I clearly appreciate and absolutely love all my current dcfs and to go a few months without 1 child here will not destroy me financially so I was more than willing to do it. I'm happy. She's happy. Life is good. Best of all I know she'll be back and I'll be able to take her baby this summer too!!
Ariana 11:35 AM 11-27-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
An update: I asked her Wednesday if paying to hold the slot was the only reason for her non-committal and she said oh yes, absolutely. She figured she'd keep calling to see if I had any openings while she was out on maternity leave. So then I asked her if she would be willing to give me a nonrefundable deposit to be applied to her older dd's first week back, to hold the spot. She was absolutely delighted and relieved! She didn't want to shortchange me at all and I told her I wouldn't offer it if I didn't want to do it. I clearly appreciate and absolutely love all my current dcfs and to go a few months without 1 child here will not destroy me financially so I was more than willing to do it. I'm happy. She's happy. Life is good. Best of all I know she'll be back and I'll be able to take her baby this summer too!!
Awesome news!!
Preschool/daycare teacher 02:09 PM 11-27-2015
That was a great idea, offering a non refundable deposit! Happy to hear you'll get that family back I know how sad it is to lose a good family.
lovemykidstoo 03:19 PM 11-27-2015
Yea!!!!
Tags:losing spots, maternity
Reply Up