Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Electronic Payments
Unregistered 02:16 PM 03-17-2020
I need to set up a way to accept electronic payments now that kids are out and that seems the most convenient for everyone. What’s the best way to do this? I was thinking either Venmo or Zelle but I’ve never used either one before. Does anyone know the difference between them?
megoddess444 02:24 PM 03-17-2020
Everyone has their own preference. But I like Venmo
Msdunny 03:59 PM 03-17-2020
Applepay is a good option if you have a iphone.
Unregistered 05:52 AM 03-18-2020
Is there any charge for these?
delferka 08:50 AM 03-18-2020
I use Venmo. (NO Charge) I think some of my parents will be surprised to be charged if they're not here!
Blackcat31 10:30 AM 03-18-2020
I use Zelle.

Venmo will not side with you if a parent disputes the payment as it is specifically not meant for business use

Here is another thread about this
One of the posts explains the down side to Venmo

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92831
AmyKidsCo 01:34 PM 03-18-2020
My parents set up direct deposit from their bank account to mine.
Unregistered 02:00 PM 03-18-2020
My bank wasn’t on the list for Zelle. Could I still use it if I downloaded the app?
Blackcat31 02:55 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My bank wasn’t on the list for Zelle. Could I still use it if I downloaded the app?
My bank isn't on the list for Zelle either but only one party needs to have a bank that participates.

For example my bank is "Provider's Bank" and isn't on the list but "Parents Bank" IS on the list so they can send me funds as long as they have either my email address OR my phone number that is connected to my bank account.

I also send money to my daughter who banks at Wells Fargo (they DO participate).
284878 05:54 AM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by samlarson:
Venmo is the best choice and their support could help you during the setup process
I have venmo that I use too. But if you are not using as a business account and a parent disputes you can lose it all.

If you use it as a business there is a charge.

I like the convince of electronic payment but there are risk associated with it.
Tags:electronic payment
Reply Up