Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Some Tips Please..
WImom 12:00 PM 11-08-2010
For the last few months I've just had one child. Tomorrow I will have two more added (2y and 3y olds). The parents want to ease them in since they haven't been in childcare before (siblings and they had a nanny).

So they are starting tomorrow at 11:30 (normally would be 9am). On a normal day we have lunch at 11:50 and nap starts at 12:45. They get picked up at 3:00 so I can't really move nap time up which was my 1st thought.

My current child naps awesome. She lays down and is out in 2 minutes for 2 hours. These new kids sometimes nap but mom thinks they will at my house if the other child is napping. I do too except I don't have much time to tire them out tomorrow...lol.

So anyone have any tips to make tomorrow go smoothly? I've never had two kids start the same day before nor have I ever had siblings before in my childcare.

I've been thinking of maybe playing a music cd but thought I'd see if I needed to or not first - I currently don't.
missnikki 01:15 PM 11-08-2010
Just stay calm, one step ahead, and get to know them. Then let the day do its thing, and enjoy it. Don't expect a quiet naptime, that would be amazing on their first day. Music always helps.
ninosqueridos 01:43 PM 11-08-2010
I'd suggest they come earlier in the morning and leave around 1 if they want to "ease them in." This way they get to see the regular routine they'd expect at 9am, and then they'd see the other child off to naptime, and then get picked up. They'd be there 4 hours and see more of a regular day (besides naptime, which could come later). Just a thought. How exciting and GOOD LUCK!!
Tags:naptime, new kid
Reply Up