Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NAEYC Annual Conference in Atlanta
Mad_Pistachio 01:52 PM 11-09-2017
I'm going. my parents have a house in Hampton, and I'm going.
anyone needs any... materials, ideas... selfies? (no, I probably won't be taking any) I just checked their program, and the only session mentioning family child care was cancelled

and while I'm at it.
anyone from Atlanta area, by any chance?
the conference is in World Congress Center, and I will be staying in Hampton (the map shows 46 minute drive, which, I know, is way too liberal for Atlanta's traffic). I was trying to figure out public transportation, and the only option I found was Park&Ride, which is an express bus from Hampton to downtown Atlanta. I just can't figure out which Park&Ride station is closer to Congress Center (if there is any at all). I looked at the map, I looked at Park&Ride website, and as a total topographic idiot, I don't get it.
or should I just suck it up and have my father drive me every day? which is highly likely at this point.
Cat Herder 05:01 AM 11-10-2017
I teach at the Conference/Convention Center a couple times a year, but generally take the airport shuttle and stay there. There were a lot of road closures/detours and a rash of car jackings in the area recently. I would probably get your Dad to join you if you don't feel confident driving downtown or using the decks.

I won't be attending because if I have to close for a week there are 1001 things I'd rather do with my time.
Tags:naeyc, naeyc tradeshow
Reply Up