Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Did You Have a Holly, Jolly, Christmas?
Candyland 05:27 PM 12-25-2011
My kids are teenagers so they slept in till 11:00 only because I woke them up. We enjoyed a light breakfast and have lunch at grandmas. It really was a very good Christmas!
Michael 07:26 PM 12-25-2011
Had a great day with family. Wished it was a white Christmas but it ended up being 74 degrees. Too warm.
SilverSabre25 08:14 PM 12-25-2011
Had a fantastic day with family, food, and gifts...and the Doctor Who Christmas Special, of course! Feeling blessed and loved by all even if the day did include a tearful conversation with my mom about her cats.

As soon as DD gives it up and falls asleep DH and I are going to play the board game he bought me for Christmas! I can't wait!
Michelle 06:38 AM 12-26-2011
my daughter loves Dr Who!!!
my dh and dd watch it together... I call then the nerd squad
She wants to go to England for that convention or whatever in the spring!
PitterPatter 12:48 PM 12-26-2011
I got to sleep until 9:00! My son is 9 and I wore him out plus he couldnt get to sleep til after midnight so that helped us sleep in a little.This year was a little tighter budget but I still managed to make a good Christmas for my son. He was very excited, giggling and smiling all day, and thanked me and the family many many times for what he recieved. It was a great Christmas! Only thing that would make it better is if we had some snow.
Crystal 07:24 AM 12-27-2011
We rented a cottage in Carmel (ocean) Got there around 1:00, enjoyed the cottage for a bit, strolled around town, Had a bonfire and dinner on the beach Christmas Eve. Got up around 8 Christmas day, enjoyed the beach, visited Big Sur, window shopped because most places were closed (thank goodness!) Had prime Rib dinner on a lovely firelit patio (we had our dogs) Came home yesterday. Other than having a horrible cold, it was a FABULOUS weekend!
beachgrl 08:46 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Had a fantastic day with family, food, and gifts...and the Doctor Who Christmas Special, of course! Feeling blessed and loved by all even if the day did include a tearful conversation with my mom about her cats.

As soon as DD gives it up and falls asleep DH and I are going to play the board game he bought me for Christmas! I can't wait!
Other dr who fans! Unfortunately, I fell asleep half way through the special I was so tired lol..my son and hubby watched it though. We watch all of them, my son got a tardis laptop protector skin for his new laptop from mu hubby.

We are definitely a video game, science fiction, book loving family lol!
beachgrl 08:48 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
my daughter loves Dr Who!!!
my dh and dd watch it together... I call then the nerd squad
She wants to go to England for that convention or whatever in the spring!
We all watch it around here...my son got us hooked! We re the nerd squad all of us are so into pc's, tech,gadgets, video games, science fiction and reading lol!

Do not, I repeat do not let my son hear about that...surprised he hasnt already bugged me about that one.
Kaddidle Care 08:57 AM 12-27-2011
We had a nice Christmas but it was BUSY. Things are much nicer and laid back this week - we are ALL off from work/school but hubby is on call today and has been working a bit from home.

Need to get a surge protector outlet from Sams so that my youngest can play with his new Wii.
beachgrl 09:16 AM 12-27-2011
We got up and watched our boys open their gifts and see what Santa brought, exchanged gifts with ea other and I surprised him with a collectors edition of a pc online multiplayer game (star wars the old republic) he has been drooling over...and then he surprised me with a deep freezer!!! We soooo needed it and I've been wanting one for awhile. We even got one from a local thrift store about a month back and after three days the compressor started going out in it so we took it back. Our side by side fridge doesn't hold much and I love to stock up when there is a good sale and have extra on hand to throw together dinner easily. Yay!

Then we went to visit family and came home, watched dr who Christmas special and just relaxed the rest of the night...we had a great Christmas with a family and ex related minor issues but overall great day with both our boys!
Tags:christmas cheer
Reply Up