Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling a Grump
hwichlaz 09:35 AM 01-19-2018
I spend high dollar for nice ECR4KIDS bookcases/shelving units...and am contemplating putting industrial velcro on them to prevent the toy bins from being easily dumped by toddlers.

I won't WANT to mar the beautiful wood surface...stamps foot...I don't WANT TO!!!!!!\
Josiegirl 09:38 AM 01-19-2018
I hear ya! That's all my 16 mo does at the moment. You'd think chasing her and bending over/picking up all day I'd weigh a scrawny 90 pounds.
storybookending 10:23 AM 01-19-2018
I so want to purchase some type of shelving unit for my dcks (I really like the idea of the bucket type ones to separate toys) but I’ve been holding off for this exact reason. My “toy box” in our main playroom is literally just a Rubbermaid tote as the toybox I had been using fell off my dads truck and broke beyond repair when he took it to put on the soft close hinges.
Cat Herder 11:23 AM 01-19-2018
I received those shelves from a grant and they are preferred by QRIS. I have swapped to using them for room dividers set up as individually themed centers (each with a small rug in front to establish the boundary). I set them up each night before close. It works well because centers close at noon.

The toy filled bins then come down from their perch, one per "center" rug, two kids per center, for a limited time after nap/snack and are put back away before music and "clean up for going home time".

I am too old to be tripping on toys or managing unnecessary falls. They have access to all required materials daily, for the appropriate amount of hours, just not at the same time.
Cat Herder 11:33 AM 01-19-2018
Awesome free resource for center ideas.

https://pocketofpreschool.com/catego...rning-centers/
Reply Up